Wanted to slip one post in under the wire, so that the whole of October did not go by with nary a post. What did I do this month?
- First weekend of October, my Mom came to visit. First time I've ever had Mom visit all by herself. We did girly stuff like shopping all day and watching Gilmore Girls on DVD. It was fun! And busy.
- Thanksgiving weekend, Cory and I had a quiet weekend at home. I made salsa and started tidying away the garden.
- The next Friday I heard that a college friend had passed away. It was a shock and very sad.
- Then Cory came down with a cold.
- Then I came down with a cold. Nothing serious, but it made me very tired.
- During the course of the month I completed my annual Harry-Potter-athon; re-read all the books because the second to last movie comes out on Nov 19.
- I also read The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. It was such an engrossing story, but oh! The ending! I was so upset.
- I've been in the mood to bake and, among other things, experimented with the dough hook on my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. Pizza dough and French Bread were created. It was fun!
I guess it's been a month of ups and downs. Which is how life goes. My exercise schedule is still messed up. Hard to imagine that for a while there I thought sticking to an exercise routine was easy. Goes to show, one should not get complacent.
Although, now that I'm looking at my notebook, September was not that terrible. I think October just threw me for a bit of loop. Will post a summary soon, since I do like to keep a record; just don't have time tonight.
So that was October.