The goal: Follow the 21 Day Fix exercise plan (with modifications to keep it low impact for my recovering foot injury) and track calories (since the eating plan is too low carb for me).
If I hadn't stated the intention on my blog last week, I would not have done it; there was more than one day where that was the only reason I pushed play.
Result being: I did all the workouts! Calorie counting lasted half way through the week. It's a start anyway.
- Workouts are short - approx 1/2 hour each, which is less intimidating when you are facing one every day
- I'm following modifications, keeping it low impact because I am still favoring my left foot, but still feel like I'm getting a decent workout
- Dirty 30 is my favorite and I can see me adding that being added to my regular rotation.
- No days off! It's honestly more of a mental challenge than a physical one. I like to know that I have at least one day where I am not scheduled; it's also nice to have the option to switch a workout to a different day.
- I am going to be heartily sick of the warm up. It's the same warmup for 5 out of 7 days. Thankfully I get a break on Pilates & Yoga days.
- The obligatory vitamin and Shakeology promos. I'm sorry Autumn, Shakelogy is just not that tasty; it's never going to feel like a cheat.
Included in the lunch plans for this week: Homemade "Instant" Curry Noodle Soup