Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

August

How did it get to be August already? We’ve had a fantastic long weekend. Husband and I both took Friday off and today is New Brunswick Day, so we’ve had a four day weekend. The weather has been perfect – sunny, hot, but not too hot. I kind of don’t want it to end, but we still have the rest of today to enjoy.

Yesterday and today’s exercise:

IMG_9366

IMG_9368

This was a blast from my childhood past. It’s been years since I stacked wood. I always hated doing it, and I remember that it seemed to go on forever. Up to now Husband and I got wood from a guy who would bring his kids along, and we’d pay a little extra to have it stacked. However, it seems that firewood is getting harder to come by; last year we couldn’t get any at all, so this year we’re stacking our own and counting ourselves lucky that we got it.

Husband lasted about an hour yesterday (without complaining, which I do appreciate, because I know he’s not used to that much physical activity). I kept going for an hour after he quit because I wanted to get half way, or as close to half way as I could, through the pile. I really don’t want to spend a week getting it all stacked. So hopefully we’ll get out and finish it this afternoon.

 

Monthly Workout Record

Normally at the end of the month I do a post with all of my exercise for the month. I didn’t do that at the end of June – workouts in June were sporadic and I didn’t keep track very well.

I think that I kind of burned myself out a bit in May/June. Not necessarily with exercise, but with feeling like I had to keep up with everything, including exercise. So this month I backed off a bit and gave myself permission to just do short workouts if that’s all I could do. I figure I am more active this time of year anyway, with the gardens to take care of, plus we’ve been doing a lot of cleaning, rearranging and sorting in the house.

July was better. This is just what works for summer and I need to remember that.

So, the summary for June & July:

July Workouts:

July 30: Yoga for Runners #1 + Cardio Intervals[55 mins]
July 29: Crunch Candlelight Yoga[40 mins]
July 27: Lunar Flow #1[20 mins]
July 26: Gentle Hatha Yoga #1[20 mins]
July 25: Moon Salutations Flow #1[25 mins]
July 24: Lunar Flow #1[20 mins]
July 21: Gentle Hatha Yoga #1[20 mins]
July 20: Cardio Intervals[20 mins]
July 18: Walk [45 mins]
July 17: Crunch Yoga Sculpt[40 mins]
July 15: Walk [40 mins]
July 13: 60+ minutes in the garden, weeding, trimming & watering
July 12: Sun Salutation Flow #1[20 mins]
July 11: Strength Training + Cardio[45 mins]
July 10: Cardio Intervals [30 mins]
July 01: Cardio Intervals + Gentle Hatha Yoga #1 [45 mins]


June Workouts:
June 29: Cardio Intervals[30 mins]
June 23: Burn & Firm Pilates[45 mins]
June 21: Cardio Intervals + Weights[55 mins]
June 9: Walk[40 mins]
June 6: Fat Burning Yoga[40 min]
June 4: 1 hr 45 min in the garden

I suspect August will be similar to July. Honestly, summer is short and goes by so quickly around here. We have to make the most of it!

IMG_9382

No comments: