Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sprung!

Spring, that is. Happy Vernal Equinox! I hope your first day of spring was as fabulous as ours.

We celebrated by having pancakes for breakfast.

Okay, we actually just had pancakes for breakfast without realizing it was the first day of spring, but any day with pancakes is a good day as far as I’m concerned.

The sun was shining though, so this afternoon I had to head out and check on things in the yard.

IMG_0206

IMG_0226 IMG_0210 IMG_0222

IMG_0233

We even found some catnip, leftover from last fall I think, but the cats seem to agree that it’s still good stuff.

IMG_0218

There are still patches of snow out there, and it still cools off quite a bit at night, but it really was a beautiful afternoon. After hanging out in the garden for a bit, I headed out for a short walk. Then I came back and decided I could use a good stretch so I came down to the basement for some yoga.

I remembered I had Yoga Download’s Solar Flow #1 that I’d been meaning to try for quite some time. I looked at the pose guide first and almost changed my mind; I thought it might be too much for me today. But then I decided to just try it and do what I could do. I was so glad I did; it turned out to be such an enjoyable session.

This evening, Husband and I met up with some friends to try out a new Thai restaurant which turned out to be quite good.

All in all, it turned out to be a great day!

3 comments:

Miz said...

YAY SPRING!!

Id say it's here too--but I think its summer already in my neck of the ITS NINETY ALREADY?! woods.

KoffeeKrook said...

Spring is truly an amazing time of the year!When I came across your blog and saw a picture of two stunning flowers, the purple, white and yellow ones I couldn't help but wonder what the flower's name is?

JavaChick said...

Those are Firefly Crocus and I love them too! I wanted to order more last fall, but the seller I originally got them from no longer has them listed. :(