Not everything went according to plan this week, but I was able to adjust and recover fairly well. And let's face it - it's not that uncommon for plans to change, so when you can roll with the punches and adjust, it's a good thing.
My goals for this past week were:
- Still working on that sleep schedule
- I know I'll only make it to 1 yoga class this week, so will aim for both Zumba classes and at least 1 full body strength training session
- I got lazy and bought a quinoa salad at Costco this weekend for my work lunches.
- Back in October, I challenged myself to stay out of the potato chips at work for the month. I don't think I ever posted the result, but I was successful. I want to stick to that again. For one thing, high sodium intake is one of those Meniere's triggers. Potato chips every day would definitely be a no-no.
- Sleep schedule: Going to bed on time, but having a hard time waking up in the morning still. That's going to be a challenge until it starts getting light earlier.
- Workouts - I'm giving myself a pass on this one; didn't do exactly what I had envisioned, but think I still did pretty well:
- 13: Jackie Warner 30 Day Fast Start UB
- 14: 12PM Yoga + 6PM Zumba
- 16: Jackie Warner 30 Day Fast Start LB&ABs + 6 Zumba songs
- 18: Zumba Fitness Party
- 19: Crunch Super Slim Down Pilates Yoga Blend
- Packed my lunches & breakfasts for work, stayed out of the potato chips. All good there.
- Track my food - not to count calories or anything, just to keep track of what I'm eating, when, how I'm feeling, etc.
- Workouts - I think I'm going to miss Zumba on Monday night, so make sure I get there on Wednesday, and get to Yoga on both days this week. Get some strength training in there. Maybe pull out another DVD that I haven't done in a while.
- In the office early for a deploy, a step towards getting back on my normal sleep schedule
- Hello 8 degrees Celcius in January - I love you!
- Yoga at noon. Studio was really warm today. I love the yoga studio space - reminds me of my first apartment here in the city - high ceilings and tall windows that let in lots of light, radiators painted white, non-functional-but-decorative fireplaces. I much prefer having a house, but I do miss the character of that apartment.
- Zumba at 6pm; when I got home around 7 pm it was still 6.5 degrees!
- Sadly, the up-and-off-to-work-early did not last past Monday. It such a struggle this time of year, even though I do have a dawn simulator alarm clock. It will get better as it starts getting light earlier (or at least it has in the past so I'm hoping).
- Temperature went back down below freezing by Tuesday morning. Not exactly a shock. It is January after all.
- In my mind, I had a workout scheduled for after work last night, but that went out the window when I got home Monday night and Husband told me we were meeting friends for dinner Tuesday night; normally we go out on Friday nights, so I wasn't expecting it, but our friends could only go Monday or Tuesday, and Husband told them Monday was my Zumba night. I'm actually kinda impressed that Husband would make sure I got my Zumba class, so I'm not going to complain about that.
- Worked from home today because I had a doctor appointment and the logistics work out better from home. I now have a form for blood tests and a referral coming for the ear specialist. My blood pressure was higher than normal today - usually I'm 110/70, today 130/80. Still not high, but higher than usual.
- Started to snow in the afternoon. Kept snowing. I started wondering about going out to Zumba class tonight. I hate driving in the snow. Wondered if I was being a wimp. Checked facebook around 5:30 and class was cancelled. Went downstairs and did the workout I had planned for Tuesday night plus tacked some at home Zumba on the end.
- Was wondering why I haven't done the Jackie Warner Fast Start DVD more often. I liked the upper body portion that I did on Sunday and was satisfactorily sore for the next couple of days. Did the lower body + abs part today and remembered how much the abs section sucks. Or rather how much I suck at doing the abs portion. I can't figure out if my abs are really that weak or if Jackie Warner just puts really hard ab moves in her workouts. I can do a plank. I can do boat pose in yoga. I can do crunches on a Swiss ball. I can't do Jackie Warner's complicated floor crunches. Maybe it's like how I can't run but I can do Zumba? Just not my thing? Or maybe it's time to dust off some Pilates DVDs. It's been a while. I hate ab work.
- Weather forecast: Thursday a high of 2 degrees, Friday a high of -14. That's gonna hurt.
- The new schedule has Zumba on Friday nights; the class is 20 minutes longer than regular classes and has a section using the Zumba toning sticks. Most of the time we have things going on Friday night, but this week we don't, so off I went to a 75 minute Zumba class. Lived to tell the tale even.