Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Vacation: The Way Life Should Be

Somehow it became July when I wasn't looking! I used to try and at least post at the turn of the month, because I like doing a little summary. Lately I have been missing them - I think [with my end of vacation relaxed perspective] that I have been overwhelmed a lot of the time lately. Can't say that makes me look forward to going back to work (not that I am ever in a rush for vacation to be over).

This time, my excuse is that I was busy being on vacation. We've had a week and a half, and it's been glorious! We were in Nova Scotia visiting the families for the first part. My baby sister was home for a visit  - Yay! Then we came home to relax, and try to get some things done around the house. We've had perfect weather, up until today's hurricane-like rain and wind. Of course, today would be the day that we had an appointment to take the felines in for their annual check up and shots, but we all survived (though the cats were not too happy about the whole thing and gave us the cold shoulder for a while once we got home).

Along with vacation relaxation, there has been vacation eating and drinking...lots of fun, but that has to stop on Monday; I'm okay with that.

Feeling like it is time to get serious for a while. I've been goofing off a lot lately. So as of Monday:
~ Starting a new workout plan
~ Going to focus on clean eating

Husband is in agreement with the clean eating thing, though we will see how things go; his ideas of healthy eating tends to be a bit different from mine. But it's a work in progress, right? Sometimes we do well, sometimes we don't, but we are working on improving.

See, how relaxed and positive I sound? So ready to jump in and make the effort? That would be the relaxed and rested end of vacation state of mind...I wish I could figure out how to keep that forever!

Anyway...here's to getting back on track, and in a week or two when I'm moaning about keeping up with it all, remind me of the fact that I am wanting to do this and seeing it as a good thing!

Vacation Photos

We went to Peggy's Cove!


And Lunenburg! On the same day! I was tired.


Enjoyed the bird watching at my in-laws.



Caught up with aunts, uncles and cousins at a family barbeque (yes that is me in the green shirt, making it obvious that I need to get back to the healthy living thing and drop a few pounds).


Watched my sister chase chickens that had escaped from their coop.
 

Went for a walk in the woods with my brother and sister.


Brought home peppers and rose bushes to plant - thanks Dad & Mom!


3 comments:

HappinessSavouredHot (Julie Saint-Mleux) said...

Me loves Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg - and so many other places in NS. Was recently in Cape Breton, love of mine. :-) Happy vacation time!

crabby said...

We did a similar trip a few years back (and got caught in a hurricane in our camper which scared the pants off us!)

But such a lovely part of the world and you got some great photos!

Good luck with the "back to real life after vacation" plan, I've sure had to go on that one a lot myself!

JavaChick said...

HSH - Thank you! It was a good vacation. :)

Crabby - I was camping during a tropical storm once; not so much fun!