Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Week 21: Hey! It's June!

I missed posting last week; I think I just felt like I didn't have much to say. I was pretty tired on the weekend, as well, and it just went by too quick.

Over the past two weeks, we've had a lot of grey, rainy weather, and cool for the time of year as well. I never feel very energetic when we have long stretches of dreary weather.

Yesterday, it was like we suddenly woke up to summer. We went from chilly and rainy to hot and sunny overnight. Not complaining, but it is a bit of a shock to the system. The humidity has been fairly high as well, very little in the way of a breeze, and it feels (to my asthmatic self) like there is not quite enough air to breathe sometimes. I'm also digging around trying to find summer clothing, which two days ago seemed like it would not be necessary for quite some time. I really need to get to the gardening, I'm way behind, but I'm not quite prepared for it.

[That bit was written yesterday, today started out nice but by evening it cooled down quite a bit. We are having some wild temperature shifts at the moment.]

I've been beating myself up over weight issues a lot lately. Trying to find summer clothing to wear did not help - somehow summer clothing seems to be the most difficult to find for my short and chubby self. It makes me even more conscious of the fact that I hate being fat. I also hate using that word. I'm trying to let go and be kinder to myself, while trying to figure out what I need to do to lose weight at the same time. It's a little challenging.

It took longer than I'd hoped, but I seem to be getting back into the exercise routine. I've been tracking food in myfitnesspal off and on. My goals are a little fuzzy, as I never seem to be able to figure out what works. Though, I do sort of feel like I can identify the good days and bad days; by which I mean the days where I felt I ate properly, vs. the days I did not, not necessarily the days where I hit a certain calorie target. Does that make sense?

So goals...I feel like I am forever changing and/or restating; let's say they are evolving...

Fitness wise: I would like to aim for one longer strenth training session per week, and one shorter. The difference being, the shorter ones are usually circuit type workout, which involve constant movement and I find I need to use lighter weights. I'd like to alternate, so I am getting in some workouts with heavier weights. In addition, I'd like to get in one Zumba class and some pilates/yoga type workouts. Trying to keep things well rounded. Of course, once I get going on the gardening, this may all go out the window; there is only so much time in a day to get things done.

Food wise: I do feel like I am getting a better handle on what foods work for me in terms of: a) keeping me satisfied so I am less likely to end up snacking mindlessly, b) having a happy tummy. The challenge would be that what I want to eat does not always mesh up with what Husband wants to eat and I still have this tendency to just go along with what he wants; not so much in a sense of giving in against my judgement, but in a sense of not paying attention. And, to be fair, sometimes I just get lazy.

 So that's where I am at the moment. As usual, the weekend flew by and now I'm staring at the start of another work week. We actually have a bit more of a meal plan this week, so here's hoping I can stay focused on my goals. And if the sun comes out again, I have some gardens that need weeding!

May Workouts

01: Harbour Passage Walk
07: Evening Walk
20: Ellen Barrett Yogini Workout DVD
21: Treadmill Walk + Body weight circuit
25: Kathy Smith Personal Trainer Sculpting
27: Zumba
28: Crunch Pilates Yoga Blend
29: Jackie Warner Power Circuit UB+ LB






2 comments:

MizCheerleader said...

one longer one shorter?

IM IN TO CHEER YOU ON.

Jess said...

Sounds like you're getting a better handle on everything! I always get distressed by the way my clothes fit with the change of seasons. We are going into winter so I'm wearing more jeans and I feel as though none of them fit. Great job with all the workouts! :)