Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday Weather, etc.

Today it was 10 - 11 degrees above zero and rained all day. There were also 60 km/hr winds, with gusts up to 84 km/hr. My umbrella got destroyed on the way to work, within seconds of being opened. It is supposedly designed to withstand being blown inside-out, but I have had it for a long time (8+ years) and I guess it just couldn't take the punishment this morning. So I guess I will be umbrella shopping.

The snow that arrived over the past couple of days is now gone. Not that I'm complaining. The bad news is, the temperature is supposed to dip down below freezing tonight and we are in for snow, ice pellets and freezing rain.

We ended up leaving work early because Husband was sick. It seemed like I just arrived at work, and I was turning around and leaving again. I spent the rest of the day working on the couch with my laptop and one or both cats. Lately as soon as I sit down I have a cat on top of me. I guess it's a winter thing.

Husband is sleeping at the moment, and we have leftover soup in the fridge for supper. Soon I will finish up work for the day, get changed into my sweats, and head down to the basement for my workout. Feels like a treat to be able to get it out of the way so early, and know that supper is just a matter of heating up soup on the stove.

4 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

It's still warm here right now - hovering around zero Celsius. The temperature in Houston, Texas is the same as here, except it's snowing in Houston. *snort*

Unknown said...

Mmm soup.

It's too cold today. I'm refusing to leave the house:)

Missicat said...

Getting chillier here....will need both cats tonight! Yes, it definitely is a winter thing!

Crissy Rae said...

BRRRRR! I feel for you. I check the weather at my parent's place every morning to see how cold it is there (they are in northern Minnesota) and I remember those cold days..while I'm riding with my windows down since it's 70 degrees here.