Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Welcome to The Firm

Is it crazy that I am looking forward to these new workout DVDs? Do I sound obsessed? Maybe I won't be quite so thrilled about it at 6:00 tomorrow morning, but at the moment I'm quite happy about the whole thing.

First time ever, I ordered something from an infomercial. About a month ago now I guess. I happened to catch part of this informercial for The Firm. I've never done any of their workouts, but it's a series that I've heard of. I know, I know, it's all marketing, there is no miracle workout just like there is not miracle pill or miracle food. But, this did look like the type of workout that I had been on the lookout for.

I have a couple of DVDs already that combine cardio and weights. I really enjoy the two DVDs that I have alreay, and I feel like they are efficient; I can get it some cardio and some strengh building at the same time. It just makes it easier to fit it all in. I had been looking for some new DVDs to add into the rotation - it's good to shake things up once in a while, add some new moves, keep the body challenged. But how do you know which DVD is going to be the right one?

So I see this infomercial, and I can actually see exerpts from the videos, and get an idea of what it's all about. Plus, it comes with weights. I already do have some weights of course, but this is a set that allows you to add plates to create different weights. Also very handy.

I did think it over for a week or two, and then I ordered it. Just picked it up at the post office on Saturday. It comes with a workout schedule as well, and supposedly I will see results in 10 workouts. Of course, I'm not coming to this as someone who had never exercised, so I'm sure that has some bearing on the results.

I also signed up to the the Little Black Dress Workout Challenge on the Weight Watchers forum. I liked the idea of doing a challenge, having a goal in mind. So I plan to try and sort of combine the workouts. The important thing is the results right?

Today I tried the first of The Firm DVDs. The schedule says to do it for the first time with no weights, but of course that's no fun. I did my Iron Yoga workout with 2 lb weights yesterday, and technically I know I should have not done anything with weights today...But it was only 2 lbs, so I tried The Firm workout with 3 lbs today. Normally I would use at least 5 lbs.

We'll see tomorrow whether that was a bad idea. I'm already sort of feeling it. I may end up being sorry.

But I really did enjoy the workout. I felt like I was working, yes. But I enjoyed it. So maybe I am crazy.

Today went well. Hot dogs for breakfast and lunch again, but accompanied by veggies. 23.5 points for the day, which I feel pretty good about. And my weight has been back down to 137 lbs for the past two days, which gives me a good feeling.

Can't believe the weekend is over already. Weekends just go too fast. But it was a good one.

No comments: