Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside

At 8:00 am this morning it was -25°C with a windchill of -34°C. Nasty weather. It actually warmed up to -16°C this afternoon, but now it is -27°C Brr!

We got together with our group of friends on Saturday night for one of our usual theme dinners. The theme for this one was breakfast! We had all kinds of breakfast-y things and it was lots of fun.

When the hostess sent out the invitation (through Facebook) she suggested that we could wear pajamas if we wanted to. I liked the idea in theory - what could be more comfortable? But when it came down to it, I could not make myself leave the house in pajamas. If I had known for sure it was only going to be our regular group, maybe I could have done it, I don't know. But the hostess had said there might be a few new people and the idea of meeting someone for the first time while wearing my pajamas just didn't sit well. So off I went in my jeans and sweater and I was perfectly comfortable all evening; I don't think I would have been in pajamas. And I was not the only one - most of us were in jeans.

So I'm curious - how would you feel about that? Would you be happy to go off to a dinner party in pajamas?

7 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

It would depend on the party *ahem*...
Kidding!
I am not sure I would feel comfortable going to a party if I were invited to "wear what you wear to bed"... but I would probably go buy a cute pair of jammies (with feet and a trapdoor) if I knew there would be no strangers there.

the Bag Lady said...

Oh, and our temperatures were almost identical today!

Anonymous said...

never ask me that sort of thing :)
ID HAPPILY DON MY PJS AND GO!
but thats the way I roll...disheveled and comfy.

Carolyn said...

Brrrr it's so cold today!!!!

I don't think I could wear my PJs to a party....good idea in theory. But I might get a few weird looks in my Care Bear pajamas!

Fatinah said...

I wouldn't have been able to go out in pj's.

Missicat said...

Hmmm...PJ's? Not sure if I could pull that off! Didn't they used to have something call "hostess pajamas"?
Sounds COLD! Stay warm!

Fatinah said...

the book is Sandi Richards - I just love that it has the grocery list!