Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mid-Week Reflections

I was thinking about something last night, I posted about it briefly on the weightwatchers.ca forum this morning, but I'm going to repeat it here...If I repeat it enough times, hopefully it will stick in my brain!

This week has been going really well, following the program is easy. Finally. For a few while there it seemed like I'd never get back here. That seems to be the way it goes though - Sometimes it's so easy, other times it seems impossible. The problem is that during the easy times, I start to get confident. I start thinking: I can do more! I set higher goals for myself; I'm feeling great! I can work out twice a day! I have time! I have energy! So I will pencil out a plan for myself...Then something goes wrong and it all comes crashing down.

Like the week that Moon got sick. Meal plans went out the window. Who has time for extra workouts when there are pots of chicken soup to be made? All the chores to be done by one person? Then I got sick. Then work was crazy, we had a deadline, there was overtime...And once it went off the rails, it seemed impossible to get back on and do the bare minimum, forget about all the extras I thought I should be able to fit in.

Then discouragement sets in. Who am I kidding? I have tried this so many times before and it never works. Why should this time be any different?

Fortunately, the down-swing was halted and I eventually climbed my way back onto the wagon. This week has been easy again.

I just need to remember to take advantage of the good weeks when everything is going right. Then when the bad weeks come along, to just hang in, do the best I can, and not get discouraged. I'll find the rhythm again.

That being said, I do have a few things to work on:
1. I've been drinking too much coffee, not enough water. Mainly because I've been finding it so chilly in the office I think. But it must stop. I just don't feel as good if I'm not drinking enough water.

2. I've earned extra AP's this week, I've done well with points, as a result I had quite a few Flex Points left this morning, and things reset on Friday. When I went out for my coffee this afternoon, I also came back with a little packet of shortbread cookies. I wasn't hungry. I didn't need them. But I wanted them and I ate them. I will say that I enjoyed them, and I felt satisfied when I finished. So I'm not going to beat myself up about it. However, when I thought about it, I realized that I ate them because I knew I had points left. While it is a good thing that I had points left, it was not a good reason to eat cookies. This is something that I want to stay conscious of. I don't want to (don't think I ever will, really) turn into one of those people who can never have a treat...But I want to have a better reason than "I had points left".

----------------------------------

Daily Record

Weight: 137 lb

BF: 1 slice WW toast w/Nutella, coffee
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Lima Bean Tomato Soup, 1 Mini Babybel cheese
Snack: yogurt, strawberries, raspberries
Snack: Coffee, shortbread cookies
Supper: Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce, raw veggies on the side

A.M. Workout: Cardio Overdrive
P.M. Workout: WATP 1 Mile Walk

1 comment:

Erin said...

I feel the same way! It is so hard to get on it but once you do it is great...but I know what it is like to feel horrible about it again :( BUT the best thing you are doing is getting back on the program - and you'll be happier for it!!

You are doing great!

Erin
Our Wicked Weighs