Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things - Vol. 1

I'm thinking maybe I need a little positivity in my lifeblog right now. Providentially, a couple of photos taken over the past couple of days gave me an idea...My Favorite Things! Is everyone singing along with me?

I took this photo on Sunday, for no particular reason other than the fact that I love pomegranates and pomegranate seeds are pretty.

Photobucket

I have loved pomegranates since childhood. I remember my mom cutting a pomegranate in half, and presenting a half each - in a bowl, with a spoon - to my sister and I. It was a treat because we didn't get them often - they would only show up in the stores around Christmas time, and if today's prices are anything to go by they were probably expensive.

It seems to me that they are easier to find these days, which is great. Winter is not a good time for fruit (not when you live in a cold climate anyway), so it's nice to have something that is in season this time of year (by late winter I will be fresh-fruit-deprived; I will be craving grapes and eating them non-stop; happens every year).

Reading other blogs, I see people adding pomegranate seeds to salads and to yogurt, and so on. I'm sure that's very tasty. But I still prefer to eat mine plain, out of a bowl, with a spoon - though I do peel the fruit by hand now so that I can just sit down and spoon pomegranate seeds directly into my mouth...And then I don't feeeeeel so bad!...I told you to start singing ;)

6 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

raindrops on roses.....

I love pomegranates, too. Hmmm, I need to go to town today - must look for poms!

Unknown said...

Is it scary that I can actually sing that entire song at the drop of a hat?

Pomegranate seeds are especially good in champagne. They look really cool at the bottom of the flute and then when you're done drinking, they're all champagne-infused. Yum!

The Merry said...

Curse you, JavaChick!
shakes fist
Now I've got that song stuck in my head :(

la, la, la, not thinking about it, la, la, la...

Happy T-Day!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Hooray for pomegranates!

(Besides their being messy and hard to spell!)

JavaChick said...

Merry - I aim to misbehave! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!

;)

Unknown said...

Yes... you got me singing too! :D

Just catching up and you did get some snow over there! We had some and then it disappeared again... I really thought it would have stayed this time but, nope, I even shoveled! lol

As for your health concerns, has your doc taken any blood work yet? If he/she really does not take you seriously, find someone who will. That is just my opinion.

Well, try to stay strong and take care!