Friday, April 11, 2008

Summer wardrobe, here I come!

Weigh In: 142.5 (+0.6)

It's weigh-in day and I'm up 0.6 pounds. It wasn't a surprise and I'm not losing sleep over it. I had a good exercise week - 315 minutes working out, 10.75 miles on the treadmill, 2 strength workouts. Next week that pesky 0.6 pounds will be gone.

I truly appreciate all the positive, encouraging comments on my last post. You all have me convinced that I can do this. :)

So now that I've said I am going to do it, I just need to figure out how. Because the progress has been painfully slow thus far.

I've been thinking on it. I won't write out the entire thought process this morning, mainly because I don't have time. I probably should write it all down, so it will be there to remind me. But for now I have come to this conclusion: I have to pay attention to what I'm eating.

That's it. My big plan. Pay attention, and really think about the choices I make and how they relate to my weight loss goal. Sounds simple doesn't it? Sounds like what I should have been doing all along? I'm not convinced that I have been, at least not consistently.

I still need to track what I'm eating. I'm not sure whether I will do that by continuing with Weight Watchers, going back to Fitday, or just writing it down in a notebook. When it comes right down to it, I don't think it's the tracking method that counts, I think it comes down to having the right attitude. So that's what I'm going to work on.

Wish me luck!


the Bag Lady said...

Good luck!!
And the Bag Lady is a wee bit discouraged today - she paid a lot of attention yesterday to what she was putting in her mouth, and she tried to get a little more exercise than she usually does. She got on the scale this morning.
Gained 2 lbs.

candlerun (htabby) said...

Wishing you good luck!!! :)

I am up too... but I think I know why. :)

Bikini Summer... here we come! lol

EC said...

I agree, its not the tracking... anyone can track with any software and if you are not utilizing WW then by all means save your money and try it on your own!

I think you have a great attitute you should have those pounds off in no time!! You are doing super on the exercise!!!!

meredi said...

You are going to kick those 7 pounds' butt!

Good for you for calling out the awareness issue -- paying attention. That's today's resolution for me too. I need to slow down and appreciate what I'm eating. Then I won't keep shovelling it in :)

Good luck with it!

HappyBlogChick said...

That is an amazing amount of exercise - excellent job.

Your plan sounds wonderful and you're going to do great. Your attitude will get you there; your actions will fall into line with it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and welcoming me back. I appreciate it! It means a lot.