Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Beck Diet - Day 3

So, so tired at the moment. But onward!

Day Three - Is a rule: Do not eat while standing up. Always sit down to eat.

Basically has to do with acknowledging the fact that you are eating. Because we may subconsciously discount foods that we eat while standing up, walking around. A cookie here...handful of chips there...But those cookies that you eat standing in the middle of the kitchen still have calories (darn those sneaky cookies!) and you need to count them, acknowledge them - whatever it is that you do on your diet plan of choice.

Also, important to be satisfied psychologically, not just physically, and apparently sitting down to eat will accomplish that. (Sorry, I really am tired. Brain not working so good.)

Anyway, this sounds like a pretty easy one. Not saying that I never ever eat standing up, but I don't make a habit of it. And I am all about satisfying meals & snacks. Healthy is good, but if it's not tasty, it just won't do.

---------------------------
Daily Record
---------------------------

BF: 1/2 cup Vanilla Yogurt, 1 peach, 3/4 cup raspberries, coffee w/cream
Lunch: Lemon Chickpea Lentil Soup (from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan), Kashi Granola Bar
Supper: PC Mandarin Chicken breast & Salad
Snack: almonds

Workout: 45 minute walk

5 comments:

~Laura said...

I so feel you tiredness pains!! Look at you though you still managaed to walk 45 mins -good job!

the Bag Lady said...

Oh, we need to take a vacation! I'm so freakin' tired, I can't even write a coherent comment on your post!
Okay, don't eat standing up. Gotcha. Thanks. (I'm not going to eat now because I'm going to go lay my weary head down.)

Erin said...

I hate eating when I am busy or distracted, it seems like a waste of food - I won't get to enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Mm, your food sounds yummy. I always forget how good lentils are.

And I'm with Erin, its nice to ENJOY food and not be rushed! I'm notorious for eating veeery slowly:) But I have a bad habit of munching while standing up/blogging and such. Mostly its just veggies that I'm munching on though so I figure thats okay. I do think that thats a really good rule though, to have sit-down family dinners and that type of thing.

The Merry said...

I like the advice in Limes & Lycopene: make it a rule to eat vegetables in each meal. When everything goes crazy, I can't do all the things I want to do, but I can hold on to one Good Thing that I should be doing.

Your yard and deer look beautiful! And no, I couldn't evict the hammock resident either. Looks /far/ too comfy ;)