Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Sunflower

I've got sunshine

Photobucket

on a cloudy day.

Photobucket

When it's cold outside

Photobucket

I've got the month of....

Well. August. Since that's when my sunflowers are in bloom.

Specifically, this would be the first of my Dwarf Sunflowers to bloom. The photos were taken 3 days in a row - Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Most of the others look to be not far behind; soon I should have a row of sunshine!

In Other News
Heading home to the valley next weekend, for a wedding. So on Saturday I was trying to figure out what I was going to wear. Tried on a couple of outfits and took pictures. My camera is not forgiving.

Then this morning I get a facebook email saying I have been tagged in a photo. So I go have a look. It's a photo from a few weeks ago at a friend's house. She was walking around snapping pictures while people weren't paying attention. Her camera? Also not forgiving.

Perhaps this is what I need for motivation. Take pictures of myself on a weekly basis to remind myself of how I look at this weight.

As much as I tell myself that I want to lose weight to be healthy - which I do - I'd also like to be able to see photos of myself and not cringe.


Beck Diet
Day 17 - End Overeating
The exercise is to put more food on my plate than I plan to eat, so that I can practice leaving food on my plate. I read this at the end of the day (Sunday) with all my meals behind me, however I already know that I can do this. Husband and I went out to dinner on Friday night. I had fajitas. I knew it was going to be too much food, but I also knew I wouldn't eat it all. I ate half, then had the rest of the meal packed up to take home. So I am going to count this exercise as completed.

Day 18 - Change Your Definition of Fullness
Basically to learn when to stop eating. The suggested guage is: After your meal, could you take a moderately brisk walk? Finding that kind of funny, since that's what I've been doing in the evenings for the past month or so; finish supper, go for a walk.

I actually don't enjoy the sensation of being overly full. I don't tend to eat a large amount at one time. My problem is I like to eat often.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting exercise.
was it stressful at all? anxiety evoking? anything?

(love the brisk walk concept too. id never thought of fullness postmeal as being described that way...as THAT being the goal)

and sunflowers: HELP. when I buy em at the store (I know :) Im not a grower) how would you display em best?

big a** vase?

THANKS!

Crissy Rae said...

What a beautiful sunflower! They are such happy plants and look so pretty in full bloom.

Your picture idea is pretty good. I take pics of myself at the beginning of every month to see where my progress is, if any. Pictures don't lie so it's a good way to see where you need improvements and also notice your achievements.

the Bag Lady said...

Love the sunflower!
I can totally relate to the pictures of oneself... I try not to ever let that happen.

JavaChick said...

Miz - I tend to leave my sunflowers in the garden, but I'm thinking you are right in saying you'd need a big a** vase.

crystal - I always feel silly taking pictures of myself, but I gotta say - seeing them is certainly motivating.

Bag Lady - It doesn't happen often, but when it does it is not a happy experience (seeing the photos, that is).