Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day Four of Get Back On Track

Three things today:

1. Food was not good yesterday. It's very hard to confess, but I will...Most of the day was good. I stuck with my meal plan. I did cave and buy a package of peanut butter cups (I have a serious addiction to these things), but then I decided I didn't need them so I put them away in a desk drawer to save for another time. Felt good about that. After supper is when it all went bad...Let me just say that if you like fudge, that new PC Butter Fudge is just too good. Sadly, I ate 20 points worth of the stuff last night. So I will not be buying any more of that, because I don't seem to be able to exercise any portion control whatsoever.

2. Have been reading on a few blogs of ladies who attended a fitness bootcamp, and after bootcamp was over decided to keep up with doing 50 push-ups and 50 sit-ups every day. So, I decided to create a little mini-bootcamp challenge for myself: push-ups & sit-ups every day. I haven't come up with any exact parameters - how long I'll keep this up or anything like that. I just thought I'd start and see what I could do. So last night I did 15 full push-ups, 15 sit-ups, 20 (I think) modified push-ups (from the knees) and 15 more sit-ups. I actually am not sure now if it was 20 modified push-ups or 25, I didn't write it down right away because I thought I'd remember...Silly me. But for now I'll say 20 and see how it goes tonight. I actually am pretty proud of the 15 full push-ups, that was more than I expected. Sit-ups are hard and I have to confess that I did them with my toes against a wall...Still really hard, I'd almost say harder than the push-ups.

** The push-up thing also reminds me of The Moment I Realized I Am A Fitness Nut. I'll have to post about that later - maybe tomorrow. Today's post will is long enough! **

3. Tried a new Yoga DVD last night. I used to go to a yoga class at my gym. It was a great class and I felt like I sort of progressed along with the instructor we had. I think he was fairly new as a yoga instructor and at first the class was fairly easy, but it still felt good, and I was having serious problems with "mouse-arm" at the time, so I kept going. Then the class gradually started to get more and mnore challenging. Sometimes I would find myself in class thinking "Oh God! I'm going to die!" But after the class was over I always felt great and as I continued I really noticed an increase in my strength and stamina. Unfortunately, things change, I no longer go to that gym and I miss the yoga class. Even more unfortunately I am too lazy to seek out an evening or weekend class. I do have a couple of yoga DVDs at home that I like, but I don't get to do them often enough. I find when I am focussed on weight-loss I want to use my time on cardio and weights.

That was very long-winded...Anyway, I was browsing around on amazon.com a couple of weeks ago and I came across this Yoga Makeover set by Sara Ivanhoe. I have a couple of her Crunch DVDs and I like her a lot. The DVDs in the Yoga Makeover set are each 20 minutes long, so I thought maybe that would be a way to start getting in more yoga on a regular basis.

I ordered the DVDs and they came last week, but I hadn't got to them yet. Last night I was feeling neck & shoulder tension from my day hunched over the laptop reviewing log files, so I thought it seemed like a good time to try one out. I decided on the Weight Loss one. I found it challenging but not impossibly so, it moves fairly quickly and I think previous experience with yoga is a must here. Because it is only 20 minutes, there is very little time spent on explaining poses - you just get right to it. 20 minutes is short for a yoga workout, but I felt like I was working and when I finished I had that refreshed feeling that I get from doing yoga. So I am very happy with this purchase so far, looking forward to trying the other DVDs in the series.


Sadly, gave in and ate the peanut butter cups this afternoon. Was not even really hungry. I could hear those little voices arguing in my head: "You're not hungry, you don't need them"..."But my points reset tomorrow and then I'll have to be on a diet"..."You should be following your plan now"..."But I already know I've gained, might as well go ahead and eat them"...And the little red devil won that round. But at least they are gone.


--------------------------
Daily Record
--------------------------
Weight: 139 lb

BF: PC Crunch & Creamy Vanilla Yogurt with Cranberry Granola
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Black Bean & Corn Soup
Snack: Yogurt, strawberries, raspberries; Peanut Butter Cups
Supper: PC Indian Rogan Josh Cooking Sauce w/chicken, cauliflower, bell pepper & PC Garlic Naan

AM Workout: Crunch Fat Burning Blast
PM Workout: Push-ups & sit-ups

No comments: