Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Mars Bars! And Smarties! And Twix! Oh My!

So, I've been hoarding chocolate.

Ok, it's normal for me to keep a few bars of dark chocolate around. I eat a few squares after supper most nights. It's enough to keep me happy, but not enough to do any serious damage. But lately I've been picking up extra little things and hiding them away. Like the little Halloween themed box of Russel Stover chocolates - it's wrapped in orange paper with a black cat on it. Only 5 chocolates in the box, so it's not like I can go too crazy. But I didn't eat it, I just brought it home and put it away in a cupboards.

But I kept doing it. I buy little bits of chocolate and put them away. As long as the packages don't get opened, I can leave them alone. And in a way I feel good that I have it there, it's like knowing that I can have a treat if I want it. But there is also this little voice in my head wondering if this is just a binge waiting to happen.

Up until now it was just me. But we stopped at the grocery store to pick up some veggies on the way home from work today, and being the day after Halloween, what should be sitting right inside the entrance but a huge pile of chocolate.

Now normally I would count on Moon in this situation. He will usually just walk right on by, and after a longing glance at the chocolate, I follow. Not today. Today he stopped to look. And we walked all around the pile of chocolate. And as we walked, packages of chocolate found their way into our basket. Too many packages. Most of them will be hidden away to join the stash.

So, I know this is probably not good, but there it is.

Big old stash of chocolate sitting there waiting to be eaten.

I think I need chocaholics anonymous.

No comments: