Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Interesting article on CNN

I rarely add 2 posts in one day - as a matter of fact, this is the first time - but thought this was interesting:


5 foods that should have a place in your diet


Yay for all of these except the mushrooms...Have never liked mushrooms. They are one of the few things that I can't hide in something else in order to make myself eat them...I can always tell they are there. It's the texture.

But as for the rest - peanut butter, eggs, coffee and avocados - I'm on board!

Now excuse me while I run and get another cup of coffee....

4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

I'm with you on the coffee!

And I finally learned to like mushrooms when I discovered shitake's--less funky than most, taste kinda meaty.

(But other mushroom haters I know still hate shitake's so your mileage may vary).

~Laura said...

Coffee....yummmm. I can't go without mine. This just started about a year ago -I always thought it was a sign someone was getting old. How silly that I ever would have thought that, well atleast now I know it's not true!!!lol
Thanks for commenting over at my place!

Anonymous said...

I hate mushrooms too! I agree that the texture is the problem. It's so distinctive that I know instantly if I've had it even if it's not even visible on the meal itself. Ugh! The taste isn't too pleasant either. Your blog is a great read! Thanks for stopping by mine :)

Good luck on your goals!

JavaChick said...

Crabby - Yes, coffee is our friend!

My husband loves mushrooms of all kinds, and I have tried shitakes...I just don't like 'em, what can I say?

Laura - Silly girl, coffee is our friend! Yes, that bears repeating!

f.i.t.t. girl - I agree, it's just not a nice texture...sort of rubbery or something. Blech. Glad you enjoyed visiting my blog, thanks for the complement!