Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Weekend winding down

It's been a good weekend. I wouldn't mind another day or two of weekend, but unfortunately I won't get it. Back to work tomorrow! The weather was not very spring-like; it's been cold, snowy and windy. But, we didn't really have any place to be, so we stayed snug inside.

I spent a satisfying amount of time like this:

Photobucket

That would be me, on the couch, with both cats. See my feet sticking up under the blanket?

Photobucket

Thinking about waking up...

Photobucket

But, no, we are much too comfortable right where we are...

Photobucket

I didn't spend the whole weekend sitting around though. I got in a couple of good exercise sessions:

Friday's workout - Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates DVD followed by 45 minutes on the treadmill.

Saturday's workout - C25K session on the treadmill, followed by Crunch Pilates-Yoga Blend DVD.

Today, I had intended to do weights, but decided to do some cleaning instead. Lately I've been so concerned with getting in workouts that I exercise first and then somehow things come up and I never get to the cleaning. So, I spent the afternoon cleaning. Which felt like a bit of a workout anyway.

I didn't get the kitchen finished, but Moon has the day off tomorrow, so he said he will tackle that. The house is in much better shape which means I am feeling better. I'm caught up on laundry. The bathroom is clean (including the floor). The living room floor and furniture have been vacuumed. The stairs have been vacuumed. The downstairs bathroom has been cleaned. We're not 100% caught up, but we are getting there.

Now I think it's time to take myself off to bed and read for a bit. Tomorrow, back to work.

4 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Love the kitty pictures.
And doesn't it feel good to have most of the cleaning done? The Bag Lady can definitely relate to how it gets put off and nags you from a tiny corner of your brain...

Unknown said...

Awwww.... I just love your pics! Surrounded by kitty love...

Good job on the cleaning. I have to get some of that going around here.

I sure thought hitting my wt was a not in sight. I am sure that things will get going for you.

Ahhh, to find the right pair of sneakers... Considering that I have been running in the wrong pairs the last couple of years I was so happy to get my gait looked at and have more of the correct ones suggested. It is saving me money not having to buy the most stability now. :) I have bought one pair of Mizuno's before but they ended up being sized too wrong and I only wear my older ones (I have at least 8 pairs kicking around...) for small things. I agree they are great. BTW - I was going to the running room for my shoes before but this time I went to a different running store where they had a treadmill and she watched me. It really made the difference. I walk differently than I run so just walking around the store did not really work and then when I take them home, I did not have anyone knowledgeable to give feedback.

I hope you find a pair soon as it has made my running more enjoyable again!

HappyBlogChick said...

Yay for the kitties! My sweet old kitty sometimes sits with me while I work. There's something about having a cat (or two) in the lap that makes it feel that all is right with the world.

Good job on the workouts! AND on the cleaning.

Crissy Rae said...

Hi there! Been checking out your blog and thought I'd drop a line. Love your kitties-they are so cute and cuddly!

Sounds like you got a lot of cleaning done. I always have such a great feeling of accomplishment when I do the household chores and everything is so nice when it's clean :)