Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hanging in

Day 2 of the sugar-free campaign. So far, all is good.

Found at Canadian Tire on Sunday:

Photobucket

After I spent the month of September adapting Kettlebell exercises to use dumbbells.

They had two 5 lb kettlebells and 2 10 lb kettlebells on the shelf. I decided I could give the 10 pounders a good home. Tried them out with my Boot Camp routine tonight. Always fun to add something new into the exercise routine. It's like getting new toys.


Edit: For all the non-Canadian folk confused about why I was buying exercise equipment at a Tire store: The Canadian Tire Story. Actually, it was interesting for me too - I am just so used to the fact that Canadian Tire sells a variety of products, was interesting to read the history.


------------------------------------
Daily Record
------------------------------------
BF: 1 slice multi-grain toast with Almond Butter, Coffee w/10% cream
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Olivieri NutriWise Broccoli & Cheese Ravioli with homemade tomato sauce, baby carrots
Snack: 12 almonds
Supper: Chili Con Carne, 1 slice multi-grain toast with butter

Workout: Bootcamp - 60 mins

9 comments:

Shirls said...

I didn't know canadian tire had those things! sweet.. I've always been curious about trying them out..

Crabby McSlacker said...

Hmmm, does the word "Tire" mean something entirely different in Canadian? Or do you have some really weird-ass vehicles up there that use kettlebells for wheels?

:)

I too am surprised you found them there, but that's great that you did!

marie said...

OOOOH! they have them at crappy tire? I'm sooo going to look now. Thanks!

HA! @crabby "in Canadian."

Anonymous said...

it IS like getting new toys.

love.

and, Im with the crab, what on earth is CANADIAN TIRE?!

The Merry said...

A place where Canadians deal with their spare tire???

JavaChick said...

Wow, never knew how entertaining it would be to mention Canadian Tire and fitness equipment...

I don't know the history (may have to look it up) - I'd assume it started out as tires & auto parts, then other hardware. And eventually their inventory expanded to be department-store like. Never know what you're going to find at Canadian Tire. I also got a 3-tier shoe rack there on Sunday, so I have a place to put my shoes and Husband can stop accusing me of booby-trapping the house.

I love shoes.

Unknown said...

Canadian Tire is awesome. And I had no idea that they had those! I wonder if they'd notice at work if I slipped away to go buy some... :)

I am SO enjoying the questions about what Canadian Tire is. Oh Canada. What a nation.

Christy said...

I love Kettlebells!!

I had no idea they had them there, I;ll have to check it out.

Crissy Rae said...

Buying weights at a tire store..must be a versatile place!