Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday

Yeah, I have no clever title; it’s just Tuesday. A pretty average day.

Started off with a glass of Bolthouse Vanilla Chai for breakfast.

I also packed a container of yogurt in case the protein drink didn’t hold me over, but I was fine until lunch time.

IMG_0314

We picked up a new kind of yogurt to try – Yoplait Asana. Husband tried it on Sunday for breakfast he said it was ok but not fantastic.

Lunch was more of my Crazy Plates Rockin’ Moroccan Stew. Unfortunately my iPhone camera wasn’t working, so I coulcn’t take a picture. Since I had it yesterday…

IMG_0309

There are some benefits to my repetitive eating habits.

I was working away steadily today, but definitely needed a break in the afternoon. I walked up to the City Market and hit Pete’s Frootique. It’s definitely chillier outside, but I was dressed for it and the sun was out so it wasn’t too bad.

When I got back to my desk, I decided to completely power off my iPhone to hopefully reset it and fix the camera – which worked. So I was able to take a photo of the snack I picked up at Pete’s.

IMG_0316

I know everyone else is always putting their pomegranate seeds (arils, yes, I know) in other things – their salad, their cereal, etc – but if I’m going to eat them I don’t want anything to interfere with the pomegranate flavor, so this is my favorite way. Spoon directly into mouth.

A little while later I figured I should eat the yogurt, since I brought it. It was ok, but I didn’t love it. I did forget a picture this time. Oh well.

Husband got held up at work, so we didn’t pull into the driveway until almost 6:00 and it was so dark out. Makes me sleepy.

I did not sleep though. I fed the cats, then unloaded my shopping bag from Pete’s Frootique.

IMG_0318

Four Honeycrisp apples, 2 Asian pears, and…yes, candy. Every year before Christmas, Pete’s brings in a bunch of candy. Most of it is stuff we don’t normally see around here. For the past couple of years I have walked past the display, seen packages of Jelly Tots and thought to myself: I should by myself a package of those; I used to love them when I was a kid. Then when I get around to going back they are always gone. So today I picked up a tube of Jelly Tots. They also had some giant sized Quality Street Chocolates, which I have never seen before (giant sized ones I mean, I love Quality Street), so I picked up two.

We were home late, but Husband didn’t make any noise about wanting supper right away, so I changed and came downstairs for my Belly Blaster Circuit Workout. Busted that out in 30 minutes, then went upstairs to make supper.

The other thing I bought at Pete’s was a new salad dressing to try.

IMG_0319

The Coconut & Lime caught my eye, so I had to give it a try. Threw together some spinach, red bell pepper and one of the Asian Pears with some of the Coconut & Lime dressing.

IMG_0320

The dressing has quite a delicate flavor, I think something other than spinach would be better, but spinach is what I had in the fridge.

For the main course, I defrosted some pasta sauce and cooked up some Rotini pasta. Topped with Parmesan.

IMG_0321

And for dessert – my giant Quality Street Chocolate. Actually, I haven’t eaten it yet, I’m saving it for after I finish blogging.

IMG_0323

Zappa is behind my hand, hoping for treats…

IMG_0327

Please excuse my filthy kitchen floor. That is Husband’s job and he hasn’t been tending to it. Guess I’m going to have to get after him. Zappa is pretty though.  And yes, he did get treats. :)

Kitchen is now closed for the night!

No comments: