Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Don’t Wanna Exercise No Mo’!

Seriously. I am just not feeling the workout joy lately. Not sure what’s up. Winter I guess. But I am doing my best to stick with it at least to the end of the week. Next week I may have to change things up a bit or something.

That being said….I missed my workout today.

Backing up to this morning…

I got up and threw dinner in the Slow Cooker and made myself some Multi-Grain Cereal. I put it in a container that I could take to go in case I didn’t have time, but I did end up having time to eat at home.

IMG_8248

Multi-Grain cereal made with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze and a drizzle of Maple Syrup. And of course coffee.

When I got to work the office was freezing. I was piling on the layers and I was still cold. It wasn’t just me for a change – everyone was wearing their jackets at their desk. Turns out there was a problem with the heat in the building and it was going to take a while to get it fixed. So, I packed up my laptop and came home. I couldn’t handle sitting in an office with no heat all day.

I do like being able to make lunch in my own kitchen. I decided on an English Muffin with an egg, cheddar and dill pickle. I had some cucumber on the side.

IMG_8249

For dessert I had a Super-Charge Me cookie.

IMG_8250

A little later I decided to make some tea. I was thinking Genmaicha, but when I started rooting through the tea cupboard I remembered the Chai Green Tea I had bought but not tried yet and I decided to give that a try.

It smelled very much like the PC Darjeeling Chai that we buy all the time. Husband and I both like it a lot.

IMG_8251

I added some Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze to my tea. It was quite good.

IMG_8252

I may have had another cookie too.

The down side of working at home is that I seem to want to eat all day. Later in the afternoon I popped a Mini bag of microwave popcorn. That did the trick.

IMG_8253

I went out to get the mail and look what I found!

IMG_8254

A lovely, thick, gardening catalog for 2010. Never too early to start thinking about the next garden.

You’d think that being at home would make it easier to get in my workout for the day. However, 5:00 came and went and I was still at the computer. Finally Husband came out and wanted to eat supper.

Dinner was from the Slow Cooker. I had planned to make Tex-Mex Taco Soup, but I didn’t have a 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, I only had a 28 oz can. I was going to use half the can and save the rest, but then I figured I might as well use the whole can, skip the broth and make chili instead. So that’s what I did, and I added some extra spices. I had planned to add a can of tomato paste to thicken it up, but somehow that never happened. So we ended up with sort of a cross between Chili & Soup. Didn’t matter it still tasted good.

Husband had picked up another loaf of focaccia bread, so we had that along with it.

IMG_8255

Wednesday down. Two more days to vacation.

8 comments:

Shirls said...

rachael ray would call that a "stoup" a cross between a soup and a stew ;0) and I have to say it look super yummy to me.

I find I have the same problem being at home all day, always in and out of the kitchen vs at work I only eat what I brought for the day and have planned

Anonymous said...

that egg and cheese english muffin looks AMAZING for some reason!

The Merry said...

We both need to join the Fitness Protection program, stat.

JavaChick said...

Shirls - I actually thought of the stoup thing earlier, but didn't think of it while I was writing the post. It was pretty good, whatever you call it. :)

ktbwood - sometimes simple things can be amazing. It was a satisfying lunch, that's for sure.

Merry - Fitness Protection Program! Thanks for the giggle.

the Bag Lady said...

I hardly ever want to exercise!
(and it shows.... ahem)

Your lunch looks yummy! And the stoup does, too.

Might have to make something similar here tonight!

Sagan said...

Soup with focaccia is so good. I wasn't feeling exercise the other day, either... sometimes it's just not happening!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Now only ONE more day until vacation! Yeah!

I haven't been in the exercise mood much either lately, which stinks because the winter is when we all need it most. I use that as my excuse, no sun and always inside, Gina you HAVE to workout! It helps me feel better and it controls my cravings.

JavaChick said...

Bag Lady - I know that I feel better when I exercise, so that keeps me going but some days are definitely harder than others.

Sagan - seems to be something in the air! Hope it passes soon and we are all back to normal exercise mode.

Gina - I am the same way. I know I feel better when I exercise regularly, I sleep better. There are so many good reasons to do it. But winter rolls around and I just want to hibernate!