Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Only Wednesday?

Don’t know what it is, but this week is seeming really long already.

Nothing too exciting today – woke up this morning feeling really tired and like I was just dragging myself around. I was a little concerned it might be a reaction to the flu shot – you can experience flu-like symptoms apparently. I did end up taking some Advil this morning, but by the end of the day I was feeling better.

Started my day with the usual…

IMG_8016

…and…

IMG_0378

Mid-morning I was really hungry. I raided my desk drawer and came out with a Key Lime LaraBar.

IMG_0379

For lunch, I had Sweet Potato & Black Bean Mole with Quinoa.

IMG_0380

I think I actually made these portions too big – I had a hard time finishing it. Tasted good, just very filling.

I did slightly wimp out in the exercise department today. I did do the first new Circuit workout for December, but I only did 2 times through. That felt like enough to wipe me out today, and my arm is still sore. Short workout is better than no workout.

Then I came upstairs to make supper. Had a little snack while I got things going:

IMG_8017

I should stop buying this stuff – when it’s there, I can’t leave it alone.

For dinner I made a sort of Frittata type thing. I chopped a small red onion and red bell pepper…

IMG_8018

Which went in a medium skillet with a little coconut oil. Meanwhile, I started cooking some of these in the grill pan…

IMG_8019

Then I chopped some flat leaf parsley.

IMG_8021

I whisked some eggs with Tobasco, salt, pepper and a little oregano, and added the parsley; this mixture went in the pan with the onions and peppers. I stirred things around until it started to set.

IMG_8023

Then I topped with some tomatoes and another little sprinkle of salt, pepper & oregano…

IMG_8024

And some cheese.

IMG_8025

Then the skillet went into the oven at 300 degrees. While I waited for the sausages and frittata to finish cooking, I sliced some Rosemary Focaccia.

IMG_8026

The frittata came out of the oven looking like this…

IMG_8028

IMG_8029

And that was dinner.

IMG_8030

I wish that I’d had better lighting for the frittata photos, because the contrasting colors were so pretty. The whole thing looked very fresh. It was also pretty tasty.

I ate all of my frittata portion and focaccia bread, but I only ate one of the sausages. The cats got the other one. I’m just not a sausage fan. Husband likes sausages though, and he thought these ones were pretty good.

Pound Cake for dessert.

IMG_8031

1 comment:

The Merry said...

I think the frittata looks beautiful. I'm a little intimidated by that parsley knife though.

And hey! It's Thursday! We're almost there :)