Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Heavy Snowfall Warning

Thirty centimetres coming our way apparently. Winter appears to be making up for lost time.

Fairly uneventful day. Actually, the past two days I’ve had major problems with concentration. Hope my brain starts working again soon. Work to get done!

I did not want to get out of my warm, comfy bed this morning. Brr! Husband seemed to think I should get up and go to work though. Sheesh.

Breakfast

I had a glass of Bolthouse Vanilla Chai at home, which I forgot to take a photo of.

At work:

IMG_0404 

Two Super Charge Me cookies and coffee.

Lunch & Snack

For lunch I had Sweet Potato & Black Bean Mole which I also apparently forgot to photograph. I’m telling ya – brain not working.

For snacks – an apple & almonds.

IMG_0405 IMG_0406

Late afternoon I noticed the snow had started, and a short time later Husband messaged me that he wanted to head home. When I went out to the front doors I was surprised how much snow was coming down already.

We made a quick stop at the Superstore on the way home. I snapped this with my iPhone when we got back out to the car.

IMG_0410

Not nice at all.

Dinner

When we got home I did my workout – Circuit workout today. I repeated the circuit 3 times which took about 20 minutes, then did a 20 minute walk on the treadmill.

After my workout I had a glass of Bolthouse Vanilla Chai. Zappa was checking it out. I gave him some milk.

IMG_8117

Dinner was easy – leftover Chicken & Lentils from last night with President’s Choice Garlic Naan.

IMG_8119

And dessert. I just can’t stay out of the cookies.

IMG_8122

With Peppermint tea.

Time for Glee!

8 comments:

Annette said...

Stay safe in the snow! I saw it on the news, seems to be a major storm.... But hey, shoveling snow is a great workout too! :-)

The Merry said...

Well dang it, you cheered me up.
(I hate it when people do that ;)
Here I was all gloomy about it being so cold, and you reminded me that it could be a lot worse i.e. it could be this cold and icy/snowy/sleeting nastiness, which it would be if we had an ounce of moisture in the area.

Stay safe! If you get snowbound, spend your time constructing little tiny snowshoes for the felines :)

the Bag Lady said...

Batten down the hatches, JavaChick - that storm looks darned nasty!!

You might have to take a snow day tomorrow and stay home with the kitties!

JavaChick said...

Annette - thanks! We did stay at home all safe & sound.

Merry - snowshoes for the cats! I love it!

Bag Lady - It turned to rain overnight, so by the time we got up it was almost as if it hadn't been snowing at all. Almost disappointing - I wouldn't have minded a day at home.

carla said...

definitely a hide inside and drink tea WEEKEND for you huh?

id love to join you.
Ill bring the books you make the snacks?

Anonymous said...

Brrrr. I'm liking the apple photo with a bite out of it :D

- Sagan

JavaChick said...

Miz - books and snacks sounds like the perfect weekend idea. Come anytime. :)

Sagan - Another instance of me almost forgetting to take a photo, but it did make for an interesting picture.

Charlotte said...

Muwhahah! We just had that storm. Took me two days to dig out my driveway. Stay safe (and warm)!