Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October 1st!

Wow. October. That really sneaked up on me somehow. As a welcome to October, the day started out warm and sunny only to turn cloudy and downright chilly by early afternoon. Brr!

Workout-wise, it was a good month. I finished the Fat Blasting Boot Camp program (review here). I have started doing running intervals again - carefully, and backing right off if it seems like it's starting to hurt.

This past week, I have taken a bit of a break - and eaten pie every night, talk about timing. But that's ok. I needed to get some things done around the house. My feline walking companion and I have also gotten in a few good rambles, taking advantage of the nice weather for as long as we can.

Blog-wise, I have switched over to full time food blogging. I've done a bit of reflecting on blog evolution, how this has changed since I've started, why I am blogging, and what I want to get out of it. I may even write a post on it one of these days - remember when I actually used to write reflective posts? Anyone? Ah well, life is always changing so it makes sense that blogs change as well. Enough of that...

September Workouts

Sept 29: Treadmill walking intervals[30 mins]
Sept 26: Treadmill warmup + FBBC Week 14 Workout C[40 mins]
Sept 25: Treadmill walk/jog[35 mins]
Sept 24: Slow Treadmill Walk[45 mins]
Sept 23: Treadmill warmup + FBBC Week 14 Workout B[40 mins]
Sept 22: Treadmill walk/jog[40 mins]
Sept 21: FBBC Week 14 Workout A[40 mins]
Sept 19: Treadmill warmup + FBBC Week 13 Workout C[40 mins]
Sept 18: Treadmill walk/jog[31 mins]
Sept 17: Slow Treadmill Walk[40 mins]
Sept 16: Treadmill warmup + FBBC Week 13 Workout B[40 mins]
Sept 15: Treadmill walk/jog[40 mins]
Sept 14: FBBC Week 13 Workout A[40 mins]
Sept 12: FBBC Week 12 Workout C[35 mins]
Sept 10: Walk[20 mins]
Sept 09: Treadmill warmup + FBBC Week 12 Workout b[40 mins]
Sept 08: Sun Salutation Flow #1 + Treadmill walk/jog[40 mins]
Sept 07: FBBC Week 12 Workout A[40mins]
Sept 06: Walk[25 mins]
Sept 05: Treadmill warmup + FBBC Week 11 Workout C[40 mins]
Sept 04: Treadmill walk/jog[30 mins]
Sept 03: Gentle Hatha Flow #2[30 mins]
Sept 02: FBBC Week 11 Workout B[35 mins]
Sept 01: Walk[35 mins]

What's coming for October?
I started this post earlier today, and I was ready to say that I was not quite sure what October's workout plan would be. As it turns out, Angie (creator of the Fat Blasting Boot Camp) has my back. She is kicking off a challenge to lead up to the holidays. Looking for a change in your routine? Or looking for something to get you started? Head on over to Fit Chick Express and check out the Lose Ten Pounds for the Holidays Challenge. You will have to create an account, but it's free and it's pretty painless.

On a non-fitness related topic, I have been thinking of actually outing my cats, and introducing them by their real names. I felt weird about it when I started talking about them and posting photos on the blog...But it's getting confusing to think about them by both sets of names. Once I have actually referred to one of them in conversation by his blog name and my Husband was all confused and wondering if I'd finally, well and truly, lost my mind. And then there's my sister with her real name proudly posted, for all the world to see. So maybe my world won't come crashing down if I stop using fake names for my cats.

What's for dinner?
One of the things I did last night was to make pizza dough in the bread maker. Half went in the freezer, and half was dinner tonight. Husband and I were able to put the pizza together pretty quickly, then I took "Fred" out for a walk while I let the toaster oven heat up.

It wasn't such a nice day today, and I knew the oven was on, so it was a little shorter but it was still good to get some fresh air.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When we came in, the oven was all ready to go. In went the pizza, and I put together some veggies for us to munch on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pizza came out of the oven all nicely browned on top. Okay, maybe a little too browned, but it still tasted good.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I ate those too pieces and decided I still felt a bit empty, so went back for one more. Also, Husband brought me a cookie (not pictured).

I ate my pizza watching Glee. I wanted to applaud the TV at the end of the closing number. Really enjoying this show.

Sadly, no pie.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Someone called me a "Gleek" yesterday and at first I was slightly insulted, until I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode and embraced my inner Gleek. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmm pizza looks great! :)

JavaChick said...

Jaime - Didn't take long for that label to appear did it? But I'm definitely embracing it!

Lynne - The pizza was good and I have leftovers for lunch!