Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekending

IMG_6951

Blogging can be pretty time consuming, During the week, it seems like my evenings are short enough as it is – I sometimes wonder why I want to add an extra task to my list. You’d think that on the weekends it would be easier. I usually do start out with good intentions, but most of the time it doesn’t happen. The lack of routine, being busy with other things…Not sure what it is, but most of the time I end up deciding I can’t be bothered to blog.

That’s what happened over the past two days, but I decided this morning that today would be a blogging day.

It’s a rest day on my workout plan, and we had nowhere to go, so I decided it was pancake morning. Husband slept late, so I got things ready to go, then drank some coffee, waiting for him to wake up.

IMG_6954

Pancakes a pretty much my favorite breakfast. Aside from the fact that I enjoy eating them, they have pleasant associations from my childhood – holiday mornings, camping breakfasts; all good times.

IMG_6955 

These days I like to use the pancake recipe from Nigella Lawson’s How to Be a Domestic Goddess cookbook, and I use Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend. Today I added blueberries as well.

IMG_6959

IMG_6960

 

I usually like to make a bunch of little pancakes, but today they came out bigger – maybe because of the blueberries.

IMG_6962 IMG_6966

The plate with 3 was Husband’s plate, but I thought it looked better so I put it in front for the first photo.

Just after I finished breakfast, my Mom called and we had a good long chat. Then I got on with my day – trying to get some things done around the house, plus I needed to make a quick run to drop off some recycling and pick up a few things at the grocery store. B the time I was ready to head out, it had been a while since breakfast and I wanted a little something, so I had a Bolthouse Protein drink.

IMG_6968

I’m not normally a fan of protein drinks or powders, but I do like this stuff.

Of course, just when I was getting ready to head out my walking buddy requested an outing. Softie that I am, I agreed.

IMG_6971

I said a while back that I was thinking of introducing The Fabulous Felines by their real names, so meet my wanderer: Frank (previously knows as Fred – I know, I know; huge difference there).

IMG_7016

As usually, kitty number two was quite distraught at being left behind. Meet Zappa (previously knows as George – see; that one is different):

IMG_6974

I actually didn’t name them, those are the names they came with but they stuck.

Anyway, Frank and I had a good old wander. It really was a beautiful day, I’m glad I got out. See how happy I am?

IMG_6994

I know, I know. Two posts in a row. Don’t get used to it.

IMG_6998 IMG_7000 IMG_7005 IMG_7007

I took my Frankie back home and then, since it was such a nice day and also because I feel guilty for leaving him behind all the time, I took Zappa out.

IMG_7019

Downward Facing Cat:

IMG_7021

As usual we didn’t get all that far. We walked around to the front of the house where Zappa was confronted  with the backwards-scenario of Frank on the inside looking out:

IMG_7024 

At which point he turned around and went back. He seemed a bit freaked out by the whole thing.

IMG_7027IMG_7028

I don’t think Zappa really wants the walks – he just doesn’t like being left behind. He wants to be wherever the rest of his family are.

I took Zappa in and went off to do my errands, which did not take long. When I got home, I had a handful of M&M’s.

IMG_7029

I puttered around a bit. Husband was having lunch and I felt like I wanted something but couldn’t figure out what. Eventually I decided on an egg, scrambled with some diced grape tomatoes. I put it on an English Muffin and topped it with a bit of cheese and some pickles.

IMG_7030

Then got back to my chores. Doing laundry, sorting through clothes to give away, putting away summer stuff and dragging out the winter items. I also tackled the closet in the spare room; things have been piling up in there and it needed cleaning out.

Eventually supper time rolled around and we whipped up a pot of White Chicken Chili from Eat, Shrink & Be Merry. I garnished with a bit of cheese and some jalapenos and served some tortilla chips on the side. Also snagged a beverage from the fridge.

IMG_7035 IMG_7038

Now it’s getting late and I’m freezing down here in the basement. Time to go upstairs for the night. There is pie in the fridge though, so I can’t promise there won’t be dessert…

3 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I usually like to make a bunch of little pancakes.

My Dad always liked the "silver dollar" pancakes.

Annette said...

You had a pretty busy day on your day with "nothing" to do! Your kitties are gorgeous by the way, my own cat was just looking at the pictures on the computer and agrees! :-)
So, did you have dessert???

JavaChick said...

Yes, I had pie!