Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday

Today turned out to be a lovely, warm sunny day. Too bad I spent it in an office, but what can you do?

Not much exciting going on, so without further ado, I present today’s eats.

IMG_7247

IMG_7248

For breakfast I had half a cup of homemade greek yogurt (made from 3.25% milk) with raspberries & blueberries (frozen, defosted in microwave) with a little bit of honey (maybe a teaspoon).

I also packed a container of steel cut oats to take to work, thinking I’d want them around mid-morning, but I didn’t get hungry at all.

For lunch, Thai Green Curry Soup. Sorry for the blurry photo – not sure what happened there.

IMG_0241

I went out for my usual walking break around 2 pm and it was so beautiful out, I didn’t want to go back to work. It would have been a perfect day to be working in the yard, tidying away the gardens for the season.

IMG_0243

This picture was taken standing on the street where my office building is, looking up the hill to the next street. Uptown Saint John has some steep hills.

When I got back from my break, I thought about eating the oatmeal, but decided I still wasn’t really feeling hungry. Then around 4 pm, I did start to feel hungry and I knew I would be doing a workout when I got home. I didn’t feel like oatmeal at that point, so I had a Larabar.

IMG_0244

We got home at a decent time and it was so nice, I decided Frank and I deserved a walk. Poor Zappa, left behind as usual. See him yelling at me?

IMG_7252

IMG_7255

Don’t worry; he got cuddles later on and was happy with that.

IMG_7258 IMG_7259  

IMG_7262 IMG_7274

IMG_7272 IMG_7278

It was pretty nice out, but it definitely felt like it was going to cool off when the sun went down. For the sake of reference, according to the Environment Canada weather page, we had a high of 11 degrees Celsius today (around 52 degrees F) and it’s down around 2 degrees C (35 degrees F) right now.

After our walk (and cuddles with Zappa), I did my workout – today was Circuits. I did the circuits on the plan, plus some extra to take me up to 30 minutes. I definitely kept my heart rate up and I needed a shower when I was finished.

Supper was easy – White Chicken Chili (Eat, Shrink and Be Merry) from the freezer. I put it in the fridge last night to defrost, and just had to heat it up. I had 1 serving (weighed out) of Tostitos Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips on the side.

IMG_7283

And that’s pretty much my day. I think I shall crawl into bed and read for a bit before lights out.

3 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Your cats are so gorgeous! Love the walk photos!
And that chili looks good.
Have you found a recipe for pound cake yet? :)

Carolyn said...

Yummmmmmm!

Looks so great!

You must work uptown eh? The hills are killer! At least we have harbour passage! :)

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I just started dieting on 9/11. I'm realizing that staying focused and staying on a schedule is very important. "I can't take my eye off the ball" so to speak. I really enjoy the cat walks.