Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

C25K, Take 2

My attempt to start the Couch to 5K workout last week was interrupted by that whole getting sick thing. I never got past the first session. So, today I started over again. This is the description of the workout for the first week:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

I interpreted that as 5 mins walking, 20 minutes of alternating between walking and running, which totals 25 minutes. I then did an easy walk for 20 minutes to give me 45 minutes of cardio for the day, and followed it up with a 30 minute Pilates DVD.

I feel good about my workout for the day. Eating was not as good, not the healthiest choices for the most part. But tomorrow is a new day and I will do better.

  Persepolis

Started reading Persepolis last night. I was hooked from the very first page. It's a fascinating piece of work so far.

All in all, it's been a good Saturday. Grocery shopping done, workout done, an interesting book to read. Right now I'm relaxing on the couch, a feline snoozing on my lap. What more could I ask?

1 comment:

the Bag Lady said...

The Bag Lady's workout consisted of housework. Washing floors and cleaning the furnace filter and cold-air returns. Whoop-de-do. Yours sounds like way more fun!