Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

View from my window this morning

I was sitting on my couch with my morning coffee, looked out the window, and this is what I saw...

Photobucket



I zoomed as close as my camera would go...

Photobucket



Don't know if you can see them, but there are three deer at the tree line. There was a fourth in the woods, but he didn't come out.

I do live in the city, but we were fortunate to buy a house right at the edge of the subdivision. If I look in one direction, I see houses; off to the other side I see trees. We see a lot of deer, but I don't get tired of it. I suppose in a lot of ways they are a nuisance, but I enjoy seeing them.

I can't believe it's Sunday night already. Busy weekend. Got quite a bit done, though as usual not everything I would have liked to accomplish. We did get out today to buy Moon a pair of snickers (after brunch). Oops. sneakers. Freudian slip there? Got some house cleaning done, some laundry. Finally got the new TV stand in place, did some rearranging in the basement.

Eating was not perfect, I will admit, but could have been worse. Yesterday I started the Couch to 5K running program (we'll see how that goes). Then I did 30 minutes with weights. Today I did my Ellen Barret Fat Burning Fusion DVD.

Tired now, looking forward bedtime.

5 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Even though the Bag Lady lives in the country, she never gets tired of seeing the wildlife. She has deer in her yard quite often - they love to snack on the sunflower seeds she puts out for the birds. They can empty a birdfeeder in no time!
Lovely photos - thanks for sharing.

Girl on a Mission... said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. I think my life is like the song- Amazing Grace "Twas lost but now I'm found". There were a lot of external issues that I was battling with (both financially, personally and emotionally) and I've finally managed to get a good grasp on my life. I am now in control and I'm looking forward in the right direction.

Thanks for stopping by!

MARFSBABY said...

What a cool thing to see out the window, especially in the city.

The only thing better would have been if they'd been doing what nature tells them to - and by that I mean any number of interesting things to see.

~Laura said...

How beautiful! I can only wish for some snow here in East Texas...

Sarah said...

That is VERY cool! Especially when you live in the city!