Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pancake Tuesday

I am not religious at all, so I hope I won't offend anyone by using Shrove Tuesday as an excuse to eat pancakes for supper. I love pancakes. Possibly because any holiday/vacation or otherwise special breakfast when I was growing up usually involved my Dad making pancakes for breakfast (My Mom is a wonderful cook, but not a morning person, so breakfasts were more often Dad's thing).

Yesterday The Bag Lady posted a list of favourite things...For me, pancakes would have to go on that list and they would be connected to other favourite things - holidays, sleeping in, family, camping at Kejimkujik National Park. My family has gone camping at Keji every summer for as long as I can remember. Going to Keji almost feels like going home. And the traditional camping breakfast is....you guessed it: Pancakes! With bacon of course.

So, today I intend to eat my pancakes and enjoy them. I can worry about the scale tomorrow.

--------------------------
Daily Record
--------------------------
Weight: 142.9

BF: 1/2 grapefruit, oatmeal w/brown sugar & milk, coffee w/cream
Lunch: Lima Bean Tomato Soup
Snack: Yogurt w/strawberries & raspberries
Supper: Pancakes! And probably sausage to keep poor Moon from fainting away due to lack of meat.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Is that today?! Hmm I wonder if I should make pancakes for dinner. I'm not so religous, but bf's mom was!! Thanks for the head's up.

Shirls said...

I love that you have found a way to work pancakes in and enjoy, that is real life and there is never anything that you can't work in :0)

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out!

Wish I hadn't had to go to town today, so didn't get around to checking blogs 'til now! Damn, could've had pancakes for supper. Well, there's always tomorrow...

Emily said...

I love pancakes too!!!! I was uber excited to find whole wheat frozen pancakes at the store when I was shopping last week (I'm not much of a morning person so the only pancakes I usually eat are the frozen kind.) Keep up the healthy eating; I wish I had that kind of determination still : )