I was tagged by Erin to do a Meme. I did see it on Friday, Erin, I just needed to have time to sit down and think. So that will be here today.
Just a couple of other things first....
In case you are wondering, I am wearing my new boots today! New shoes just make me so happy. The sidewalks are pretty clear at the moment, the weather is warmer, and I'm getting so tired of wearing winter boots. Plus, you know, new shoes!
The big news: Moon finally did the treadmill thing yesterday. He did 1 mile, I was so proud. Now I just have to get him to repeat the whole thing.
I'm trying so very hard not to be a nag about it, but I know that left on his own Moon will not be inclined to do it. So I've been giving gentle little reminders. Hopefully now that he has survived one session, he'll have seen that it's not so terrible.
I felt like such a mean wife though. I had told him to aim for 30 minutes, 3 times a week. He started walking and said I was likely only going to get 10 minutes out of him (that was about 7 minutes in). I kept saying: You just have to get used to it, you can slow it down a bit, just give it some time. When he got to a mile, which was around 23 1/2 minutes in, I told him that was good and he could stop if he wanted. Which he did. I don't want to be too pushy about it, I know he'll need to ease into it, but I didn't want him to give up too easily either. Yup, mean wife, that's me.
And now, Crazy 8's...
8 Things I'm Passionate About:
1. My family (including husband and cats)
2. Exercise & fitness
7. Joss Whedon TV shows
8. Hair Care products
8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1. Build my dream house
2. Travel! So many places to see..
3. Take a course in photography and/or painting
4. Be debt free
5. Own a piano and maybe even take lessons
6. Complete the Couch-to-5K program
7. Take Tai Chi again and learn at least the entire short form.
8. Take a Yoga Instructor's course
8 Things I Say Often:
1. I'm sorry, what?
8. Also, I'm not much of a talker....
8 Books I've Read Recently:
1. The Other Boelyn Girl
2. The Six Wives Of Henry VIII
4. The Time Traveller's Wife (love, love, loved this book)
5. The Thirteenth Tale
7. The Birth House
8. Love in the Time of Cholera (reading right now)
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over again:
1. Dreams - Van Halen
2. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
3. You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates
4. Midnight Blue - Lou Gramm
5. Don't Stop Believing - Journey
6. Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
7. Gel - Collective Soul
8. Lost Together - Blue Rodeo
8 Things That Attract Me To My Best Friends:
1. Sense of humour
2. Open mind
4. Love of Books
6. Postive outlook
7. Finding fun in small things
8. Adventurous spirit
8 People Who I Think Should Do The Crazy 8 Meme:
I can't pick 8 people - if you see it here and want to give it a go, please do!
Weight: 144.8 (what's up with that?)
BF: toast w/Peanut Butter, coffee w/cream
Snack: raw cauliflower
Lunch: Pita Pizza (Whole Wheat pita bread, tomato sauce, onion, bell pepper, olives, pepperoni and part-skim mozzarella; made yesterday)
Supper: Leftover Chicken Curry w/Basmati rice, raw veggies to munch
Planned Workout: C25K 2.2