Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Breakfast of champions

I don't often buy cookies, or any dessert type baked goods, because if they are in the house, I will eat them. I rarely bake, much as I enjoy it, for the same reason.

But last week, in a moment of weakness while picking up some groceries at the Superstore, I picked up a box of these:



It's 150 calories for 5 biscotti, which is actually a good size serving; it feels like you are getting a lot. Not a bad treat for 150 calories.

But...for some reason this morning, they seemed like a good idea for breakfast. Not the healthiest way to start the day. They were very good with my coffee though.

Continuing in the "True Confessions" vein...

Tuesday night on the way home, Husband said he wanted Wendy's. Can't remember the last time we actually hit the drive thru, it's definitely been a while. I wavered for a few minutes - I do love that spicy chicken sandwich - but then I decided to get a salad, so at least I would be eating some veggies. Then we did end up going to the movies for the 9:35 show, and I ended up having popcorn. Love popcorn. Husband had popcorn and Reese Peanut Butter Cups, but I just stuck to the popcorn which makes me feel at least a little bit virtuous.

We saw Iron Man which was very good. Really enjoyed Robert Downey Jr. in the lead role, and the music and visuals were great. Fun movie.

Last night on the way home we ended up getting takeout again, this time from Thai Hut. Husband said he didn't feel like having to do any cooking (which, honestly, most nights he doesn't anyway, but I guess that was his way of saying he didn't want us to have anything that would require him helping out at all), and I did make some suggestions but he didn't go for any of them, and well, I get tired of making suggestions and having them shot down, so off to Thai Hut we went.

This is what I get for not planning out meals for the week. Usually I do, but last weekend I just couldn't be bothered, couldn't think of anything I felt like making. The forecast was for nice weather, so I was hoping we'd just end up BBQ-ing, but Husband not wanting to do anything kinda scrapped that idea (BBQ is usually his job - at least once everything is ready to go on the grill, plus he says he needs to clean it and season the grill, etc, which again does not work with his not wanting to do anything). Lesson learned - next week, there will be a plan.

I did get in my workout last night though - 45 min on the treadmill, with running intervals. So now I am 5/6 for the week. Just have to get in my 3rd strength training workout tonight.

--------------------
Daily Record
--------------------
Weight: 144 lb (eek!)

BF: Cantuccini & coffee
Lunch: Lentil soup, Kashi granola bar
Snack: Vanilla yogurt, coconut, raspberries
Supper: salad, spaghetti

Workout: weights (60 min), 1.2 miles on treadmill (20 min)

4 comments:

Missicat said...

Looks like a good breakfast to me! :-) I need to start back on keeping a food/exercise journal again....summer is almost here.

MaryFran said...

I'm with you. I need to plan out my weekly menu plan and stick to it! It helps me stay on track eating AND keeps my husband and I from eating out constantly (where I can easily lose control)

Crissy Rae said...

I liked Iron Man too, nice to see Robert Downey Jr. getting some good roles. Those biscotti look tastey and with coffee, mmmmm.

the Bag Lady said...

The Bag Lady needs to send you some home-grown beef for your BBQ!!! :)

The hubby made supper for me tonight. Quite a shocker - he doesn't usually do that, so he must have been pretty hungry, but I was out cleaning the motorhome (at his request!)so he cooked. And fed the dog!!