Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

This and that...

Weigh In: 143 lb Same as last week

Weekly Recap:
I did my 3 cardio sessions and 3 weight training sessions. No extras this week, other than a 15 minute yoga session. Total of 330 minutes of exercise over 5 days (averages 66 minutes per day).

Not sure whether I'll get in any workouts over the weekend with my sister here. Though we do often go for walks, so if we could do one walk and I could sneak in one weight training session, I might still be on track for next week. We'll see.

No change on the scale, but my eating has been kinda crappy. I've been tired and headache-y this week and I find when I'm tired I'm more likely to eat. Not good. The tiredness may be due to the fact that I have been sleeping without my bite plate. I grind my teeth in my sleep, so I have a bit plate, but lately it's been rubbing a spot on the inside of one cheek and making it sore, so I haven't been wearing it. I have a dentist appointment next week, so maybe I should take it with me and see if there is anything they can do.

My Day...
Husband's first day at his new job. He's thinking it may take him a little longer to get to his new office after he drops me off, so we should try to leave a little earlier in the morning. So what do we do? We both sleep through the alarm clock. He actually accused me of turning if off, but if I did, I have no memory of it. So I was just getting in the shower around the time I would normally be all dressed and drinking my coffee. Needless to say, I am sporting my I-don't-have-time-to-wash-my-hair ponytail. Which oddly enough, gets compliments. Benefit of curly hair. Put said curly hair in high ponytail, and it looks like a fancy pile of curls on top of your head. That's what a girl I used to work with said - I looked all fancy with my hair up that way. Who knew.

We were out the door by 8:30. When Husband dropped me off, it was around 8:40 so he should have made it to his new job by 9 am with no problem.

Despite the extra sleep (actually - it's not really much extra since I was a good 20 minutes late getting to bed last night) I felt all groggy and head-achey and, yes, ache-y jaw (get a clue JavaChick, wear the darn bite plate). Finally gave in and took Advil around noon.

Anyway, made it through the day and Sister has arrived. We're both pretty tired at the moment, so I think we'll be turning in for a good night's sleep and tomorrow the fun will begin!

7 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Have fun with your sister!!
Definitely take the bite plate with you to your appointment - your dentist can make an adjustment on it and get rid of the sharp part that is causing you pain!!
The Bag Lady has one, too, but rarely wears it any more. So this is a case of the pot telling the kettle what to do. Or, um, do as I say, and not as I do. Or something.
Just take it with you.
And have a great visit.

Crissy Rae said...

I would bring the bite plate to your dentist appointment. Maybe the need to make you a new one.

Have a great weekend with your sister!

Unknown said...

Hope you had fun this weekend! :)

~Laura said...

Hey! It has been a while but I am back:) hope you had a great weekend and life has been treating you kind...

Crabby McSlacker said...

I had a bite plate too. Hated it. Wore it sporadically and finally lost it on a camping trip.

The only thing more uncomfortable than the bite plate itself is the thought of shelling out another $500 bucks or whatever for something I loathe.

But my teeth are starting to fracture so perhaps I bet get with it.

Sarah said...

OH boo! What a day to miss your alarm! I hate that when I get off my morning schedule, it throws my whole day off!

Crissy Rae said...

Tag, you're it! See my blog for more info!