Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Weirdness

 
Weigh in: 143.0 (+0.7 lb)

It's weigh in day, and as you can see I am up 0.7 lb from last week. Normally this would signal cranky-ness, wailing and gnashing of teeth. Today, oddly, I'm not that upset about it. Kinda, sorta in a good mood, in actual fact. Yep. Weirdness.

It's been sunny all week. It stays light much later in the evening, what with it being spring!!! Yes, I love this time of year. I'm not freezing all the time. I can open windows and let in fresh air. I have more energy. This has been making the evening workout thing easier, because cold & dark generally leads to me wanting to sleep. Warm and light makes it much easier to throw on the workout clothes in the evening, and head down to my basement workout area.

I set a goal at the beginning of the week to follow a more structured workout schedule, rather than just doing whatever I happen to feel like doing. Not only did I lay out a plan, I followed through on my plan. I did 3 strength training sessions and 3 cardio sessions. In addition, I got in a pilates-yoga workout and I did an extra 20 minutes on the treadmill last night after doing my weights because I was still feeling energetic. Go me! While my mileage on the treadmill is lower than I have been trying to aim for, I did spend 390 minutes exercising this week (averages to 65 minutes a day over 6 days). Go me! Did I already say that? That's okay, I think I deserve more than one "Go me!" this week.

All of this leads to my feeling strangely optimistic, despite the gain on the scale this week. I'm feeling good, and that should be what it's all about.

I fully expect that this optimistic mood won't last, mind you. Inevitably, I will come crashing down at some point. But for now, I'll take it, and I'll enjoy every minute.

5 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Go, you! Ya know, the Bag Lady is thinking, you must be in pretty good shape in spite of not losing the weight as fast as you would like! All that working out must be helping your over-all health.
Good for you!
And hang onto that good mood as long as you can. The Bag Lady is actually feeling pretty cheery herself. She has lost 6 lbs. (not that it shows...) and the weather here is supposed to be really nice for the long weekend (high of 28C tomorrow!)
Have a great weekend!

JavaChick said...

Bag Lady - 6 lbs is awesome! Good job! Our weekend forecast is not quite so nice, but I am looking forward to the extra day off anyway.

Christy said...

Good for you on SO many counts - not letting the stupid scale affect your mood, setting goals and sticking to them, and for having an overall positive and fantastic attitude!

Three cheers for long weekends!

Anonymous said...

I think the Good Mood and optimism is so much more important than the .7, which is a pretty meaningless fluctuation as you're building muscle.

And congrats, Bag Lady!

Unknown said...

Well I think everything was said quite well above! Great to see that positive mood! As I was just going over all the last posts, even though the scale is not moving you are seeing body changes! (new clothes)

The Gel overlays for the nails is really nice! I LOVE mine! They are really nice and you are right... they look all nice and polished for us ladies that don't paint our nails too often. :)

The pics of all your plants coming up are really nice... I don't have much here...

Keep up the great work!