Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I love my cats. Really. I do.

So, the plan yesterday was to go home after work and do a workout. I was able to do that Tuesday, no reason it shouldn't work on Wednesday.

Then, we ended up being an hour late leaving work.

Got home to discover that one of the cats, George, had thrown up on the hallway floor twice. Noticed he was getting ready to do it again on the carpet in the spare room. Managed to grab him in time to move him to the hall, hardwood being easier to clean than carpet. Go in to the spare room to find that he has already thrown up twice on the carpet anyway.

So I set about cleaning and scrubbing. Master bedroom was fine. Check basement and find another mess to clean up. Find another one in the living room by the unpleasant method of stepping in it.

By the time all that was done, I barely had energy to make supper. Didn't even clean up the kitchen after supper, so I have that to look forward to when I get home today.

Thinking I'd better make sure to get in a workout today, I set the alarm for early wake up time and went off to bed at my usual time of 10:15 PM.

Normally, I fall asleep quite easily. Not last night. I tossed and turned. My legs were twitchy. My feet were itchy. I could feel something under my leg, digging in my knee. Kept trying to brush it away with my hand and finding nothing. Serious Princess and the Pea syndrome. I tossed and I turned some more.

Needless to say, I did not make it out of bed to exercise this morning.

George seems to be fine. I kept an eye on him last night and he was eating, drinking and behaving normally. Because I really do love my cats and I don't want them to be sick.

Yeah. So. It was just one of those days.

------------------------------------------
Daily Record
------------------------------------------
Weight: : 143.7 lbs

BF: Toast w/PB. Coffee w/cream
Lunch: Mexican White Beans & Rice Casserole
Snack: Yogurt & berries
Supper: PC Indian Butter Chicken sauce w/chicken, cauliflower, bell peppers. PC Garlic Naan

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Uggh sounds like a crappy day! I know what you mean though, having a sick cat is agonizing. They don't understand that puking on the carpet is a hassle, and then you worry because the last thing you want is them to be in pain! No fun.

Crabby McSlacker said...

We have a chronically barfy cat and I sympathize. It's really hard to get cat vomit out of carpets, too.

Hopefully kitty will be feeling better and you can get back to your routine!