Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January Blahs

Ok, it's still silly-cold outside. It is supposed to warm up enough to snow. Then maybe get a little warmer so it can rain. Then it is supposed to get cold again. Ah, winter! The best thing I can say about it is that it really makes me appreciate the other 3 seasons of the year.

I am feeling like I'm going in to hibernation mode a bit. There are friends that I would like to get in touch with, just to say hi, exchange news etc. It would be nice to get together with some folks for an evening of company. But I can't seem to put in the effort.

However, the days are starting to get longer and I know winter won't last forever.

Yesterday was an OK Weight Watcher-ing day. I have to confess that I did deviate from my planned meals/snacks, and I had a can of Coke and a handful of dark chocolate M&M's. But it's all counted and I still have Flex Points left, so it's not a disaster.

Exercise-wise I kicked butt. (Do ya'll mind if I say Kicked Ass? Probably not. I think it's my mother's voice in my head, still telling me to watch my language after all these years). I did my Burn & Firm Pilates DVD with 4 lb weights (45 minutes), then I did some extra upper body work with heavier weights, plus 35 full push-ups, then 20 minutes walking on the treadmill (I just can't seem to stay away from the thing).

Re: the push-ups - a poster on the weightwatchers.ca message board that I check in with every day issued a challenge to do 210 push-ups this week - that's 30 a day. So I thought: why not? I ended up doing 35 (15 + 10 +10) which makes me feel kinda proud.

Scale was up a bit again this morning, I'm hoping it is just as a result of not enough water yesterday plus the strength training.

P.S. - Thank-you so much to Erin at Our Wicked Weighs for choosing me as the Featured Loser for the week. I am truly honored that you would think of me.

-----------------------
Daily Record
-----------------------
Weight: 142.7 lb

BF: Whole Wheat Raisin toast w/PB, coffee w/cream
Lunch: Chickpea curry w/brown rice
Snack: Yogurt w/strawberries & raspberries, 12 almonds
Supper: salad, pizza on whole wheat pita

5 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

The blahs hit all of us in January. The Bag Lady is in hibernation mode, too - eat everything in sight and curl up somewhere warm (like right in front of the woodstove!) until the snow melts! Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie -- Congrats on the OWW honor. Couldn't think of a more deserving person to kick that off with. You ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the OWW deal. You ARE a very supportive person and I always enjoy your comments.

I understand the hibernation mode...fighting it myself. Sounds like you're continuing to kick butt though!

Shirls said...

I just wanted to pop in and say hi! so hi! thanks for the nice comment on my blog. When I popped in here I got really intrigued by your side banner, the stuff about exercise as a normal habit and than stalling and now trying to learn a food plan? holy crap girl, I could and have written the exact same thing. I too started with one lifestyle change, just one, I don't think a person can really do and have "take" more than one, so I started with exercise, did that, made it a habit and lost 60lbs and then plateaued for 2 years, yep thats right I said 2 years! then I started ww (kept exercising of course) and got off the other almost 60lbs, anyway I just wanted to mention that, your journey is the first I've read which seems very similar to mine and wanted to let you know it can be done this way and it does work! I hope that was helpful and not just a bunch of rattling on... ;0)

JavaChick said...

Thanks for the comments & support ladies!

Shirls, I appreciate you sharing a bit of your story; it is nice to know that someone has been through a similar experience and managed to succeed!