Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2008

What's your sign?

I just discovered recently that Ellen Barret, my favourite exercise DVD instructor of all time, has co-authored a book called Zodiaction. I was curious when I saw this title; what could the signs of the Zodiac have to do with fitness?

I looked it up on amazon, and found that indeed is what it’s all about – how your astrological sign relates to your personal fitness program. Personally, I don’t believe in astrology or horoscopes. I think they can be fun, entertaining, but I’ve never thought they really mean anything. So I was pretty much ready to dismiss this too.

Then, as I continued to skim the description, I saw that one of the discussion points was:

Why a Taurus will get good mileadge out of a treadmill

I have to admit; that peaked my interest. I am a Taurus, and here I’ve been going on for the past week and a half about my love for the treadmill. I did belong to a gym for a few years, and I used other equipment; I think I pretty much tried out all of the cardio options that were available at my gym. I always came back to the treadmill.

For me, there is something therapeutic about walking. I love to walk outdoors, enjoy the fresh air and scenery. And the treadmill does it for me just as well. Even without a TV to watch, I can walk and let my thoughts wander. It’s great when I have something on my mind – walking really seems to help me sort through things.

So now I am even more curious. What do Ellen Barrett and her co-author Barrie Dolnick have to say about me and my treadmill? I’m not sure that I want to buy the book, but I admit, I’d like to know the answer to that question.

Here's the complete list in case you want to check out your sign:

• The top-three foods Aries should stock up on
• Why a Taurus will get good mileage out of a treadmill
• Why Gemini should steer clear of candy
• Why Cancer should stick to noncompetitive workout buddies
• What makes Leo queen of the gym
• What type of massage will send Virgo straight to heaven
• How Libra can achieve inner peace
• The peak hours for Scorpio to exercise
• Why Sagittarius’s legs are her most important feature
• Why Capricorn is a cardio all-star
• What kind of personal trainer makes Aquarius jump for joy
• Why Pisces prefers swimming and self-defense

------------------
Daily Record
------------------
Weight: 142.3

BF: Multi-Grain Cheerios w/2% milk, coffee w/cream
Lunch: leftover spaghetti
Snack: Yogurt & Berries
Supper: Chicken Skewers & Brazillian Black Bean Soup (Moosewood recipe)

No comments: