Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

It's a cold one, folks...

High of -16 C here today, with wind chill in the - 30's. Moon dropped me off in front of work, so I wasn't outside for long, but it was long enough to feel how cold it was and to be glad I didn't have to walk far.

I feel like I did quite well this weekend. A couple of small treats, but overall I ate healthy meals & snacks in proper portions. Have leftovers for supper tonight, which makes for an easy day. Got in my workouts, so as long as I can get in 3 evening workouts between now and Friday, I'm good.

Toward the end of last week it was starting to get hard. I was feeling that urge to scrounge around the house, searching for chocolate (not like it would really be too hard to find in my house). And yesterday while I was on the treadmill I was having popcorn cravings - for real popcorn, made in a pot on the stove, with melted butter and salt. But, for now I am hanging tough.

Sometimes it feels like it's all or nothing with me. I either stick to the program and ban treats, or I fall completely off the wagon. Sometimes I can manage to have small treats, but I find I have to watch it because it seems like the more I have the more I want...which leads to that whole falling off the wagon thing. It's a delicate balance.

So, while I did have a couple of small treats on the weekend, for the rest of the week I want to stick to my meal plans.

-------------------
Daily Record
-------------------
Weight: 142.5

BF: WW Raisin toast w/PB, Coffee w/cream
Lunch: Chickpea curry w/brown rice
Snack: Yogurt & berries
Supper: Jerry Spring Rolls (Crazy Plates recipe) and Ma Po Tofu w/Jasmine Rice.

1 comment:

~Laura said...

Sounds like you did great this weekend!!! And I just thought it was cold here -highs in the 30's. But I would give for some real snow...