Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Reasons To Lose Weight - #4


Bringing Sexy Back

Recently while reviewing some pictures I’d downloaded from my camera I came across one that Moon must have taken. It wasn’t a picture of me, but I was there in the background, turned at an angle speaking to someone. I saw the picture and I thought “Holy Cow! How does my husband still love me?” Obviously that’s not fair to either one of us. My husband loves me for me, not for how much I weigh.
On top of that, it was an unflattering camera angle. It happens.

But, the truth is, it does bother me that I am no longer the skinny little thing that I was when Moon and & I first met. I don’t exactly feel sexy these days. I miss skinny JavaChick. I know I will probably never be quite that small again, but I can certainly be smaller than I am now.

This also reminded me that many weight loss programs encourage you to take progress pictures. This is something I have never bothered with, I guess I never saw the point. But now it occurs to me that knowing I will be taking pictures might provide that extra motivation needed to keep me on track.

-------------------------
Daily Record
--------------------------
Weight: 143.8

BF: Grain Shop High Fibre Crisp cereal w/milk, coffee w/cream
Lunch: Chickpea curry with brown rice
Snach: yogurt & berries
Supper: PC curry sauce w/chicken, cauliflower & bell pepper, PC Garlic Naan

4 comments:

Sarah said...

All this recent talk of progress photos make me want to dig out some.

I know the feeling though, you see a picture of yourself and almost don't recognize it? It's amazing how much you can blindfold yourself! I've been there.

I think that these 'reasons to lose weight' you've been blogging should be a really good tool for you to keep going.

Dieting isn't fun, but you're strong and you can do it!

Shirls said...

I think pictures are important, I even carry a couple of my icky heavy days in my wallet, I've pulled them out and made better choices and I've had to show them to lots of people who don't believe I've done what I've done..Just like in school its very important to study the past to learn what did and didn't work and not go back..

the Bag Lady said...

The Bag Lady has a whole bunch of photos from her heavy days, but very few from the skinny days. Perhaps because she was having too much fun when she was skinny...OR perhaps because she's been heavy more often than she's been skinny, damnit.
(Photos taken last summer at step-daughter's wedding make the Bag Lady want to weep. Very poor dress choice. Might as well have worn a sack. Actually, it DOES look like a sack. A peach-coloured sack. Sigh.)
Can't wait to take some better photos!! Using peach sack photos as incentive...

Mamacita Chilena said...

don't get discouraged, you'll get to where you want to be. but in the mean time don't stop feeling attractive...sure you might be a few pounds above where you want to be, but that doesn't mean you can't still be sexy!