Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Diary of a Week: All the things I want to do

Keeping a diary worked well last week, let’s see how this week went…
July 8 – Uh. Nothing. I was tired and had an upset tummy when I got home from work. I was a lump and the evening disappeared quickly.
July 9 - It was a busy day. But I went for a short walk.
July 10 – Tired from my busy day and still really not feeling well. Nothing again.
July 11 – Jackie Warner Xtreme Timesaver DVD. I did not die. But I was relieved when it was over.
July 12 – Zumba Mix DVD. Fun!
July 13 – Pick Your Level Pilates DVD.
July 14 – Today. Nada. I’m okay with it.

Once upon a time, it seemed like all I did was go to work and come home and then do it all over again. There was the house work, and the exercising, and the cooking dinner, but I didn’t do anything interesting. I thought: How boring am I? I need some hobbies; things I want to do, not just the things I have to do.


Then there was the garden. And then there was the blog. And the piano. And the other blog. Then I got a new camera that I want to learn how to use.

And the working and the house cleaning and the cooking and working out are still there. Also a husband. And two cats who like to throw up hairballs all over the house. Now I have too many things to do. It's easy to feel overwhelmed, trying to work out a balance between the things I have to do and the things I want to do.

I’ve had a week of bad hair days. A trip coming up that I’m not ready for. Some cat or other threw up a hair ball on the bed again. Not to mention a couple of other things(that I don’t care to talk about on the blog) that had me on edge and wondering if I was going to make it through today.

The day was finally over and we made it home from work – an hour later than usual. And I didn’t even think about exercise to be honest. Today I played in the kitchen instead. Some days are just like that.

Hello Chorizo Spiced Pork Taco!
IMG_0559

Photos from this week…

IMG_0486
From my walk on Saturday evening – the day started out with heavy rain but ended with sun.


IMG_0535
Looks so relaxed and peaceful doesn’t he? Don’t be fooled – he’s just waiting for the perfect moment to throw up a hairball on the duvet.


IMG_0538_crop
Good morning to you Mr. Robin! Seen on my neighbor’s fence this morning, hard a work with a beak full of…whatever Robins collect in their beaks. Smile

3 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

I can totally relate to the "daily grind" feeling, and to not feeling ready for the trip that I am taking soon! And, actually, the thing with the cat horking up hairballs all over, although mine hasn't done it lately, you always know there's one in the future!
Hope things improve, and that you enjoy your trip!

dehpll said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dehpll said...

i started starving after seeing that taco... :)