Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

My rescued Cupids

These two Cupid Tomato plants (in the container behind the cat) were looking pretty sad and spindly when I brought them home from the garden center about 3 weeks ago. I didn't really expect much from them...

Photobucket

Amazingly, they have flourished.

Photobucket

It looks like they will give me my first ripe tomato of the season, small though it may be.

Photobucket

The tomatillo plant is looking beautiful as well.

Photobucket


In the past, I've found that growing things in containers can be hit and miss - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Indeed, this year I have some pots on my deck with herbs that are not doing all that well, despite the fact that I've had great success with growing herbs on the deck in other years.

When I bought those urns for the tomatillos and picked up those Cupid Tomatoes, it was a gamble. Looks like this time, it has paid off.

6 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

It certainly did pay off! Those look like very happy tomato plants, and how long did it take you to pop that ripe one in your mouth? :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like an absolutely delicious tomato!! I hope you ate it all up :)

Anonymous said...

and? are you naming the rescued?
R-1 and R-2?

:)

Jaime said...

Good job lady!!

I can't wait until next year when I can start working on the tomatoes and such too!

Crabby McSlacker said...

I'm so jealous! Our tomatoes seem to be a long way off, and we keep buying the crappy tasteless ones at the store instead. Can't wait for real ones!

Anonymous said...

I gotta tell you, your kitty in the first pic is so beautiful! =D I know thats not what your post was about, but I just had to mention it!