Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

May Workouts - Or Lack Thereof

Right at the beginning of the month I wound up hurting myself, so it's been a slow month for exercise. Part way through I started tracking my gardening time in lieu of workouts, just so I'd have some activity to show. I know there were more gardening sessions that happened before I started keeping track. It has taken longer than I expected for my foot to start to feel normal - I'm not sure I'm completely there yet, but hopefully I'm close.

May 31: Sun Salutations Flow #1[20 mins] + 2 hours in the garden.
May 30: Easy Walk[20 mins]
May 28: Yoga For Runners #1[20 mins]
May 26: Sun Salutations Flow #1[20 mins]
May 24: Spring cleaned the master bedroom
May 23: All afternoon in the garden
May 22: 2 hours in the garden
May 20: 90 minutes in the garden
May 16: 90 minutes in the garden
May 13: Easy Walk[45 mins]
May 07: Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates[40 mins]
May 05: 30 Day Shred - Level 1 + Gentle Hatha Yoga #1[40 mins]
May 03: Treadmill walk[45 mins]
May 02: 30 Day Shred - Level 1[20 mins]
May 01: Treadmill walk[90 mins]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

~Laura said...

Great job on tracking your workouts...I am trying to get back on track with a food journal and start walking again a little at a time. Flower beds are looking great!!!

the Bag Lady said...

Wow, your flowerbeds look terrific! I am so ashamed. Mine are totally full of dandelions and quack grass.

I really need to get to work on them.

Crabby McSlacker said...

That's a great list considering you were injured! And those flowers are so beautiful!

Sagan said...

Beautiful garden! And I totally count gardening as exercise. Every bit counts. Definitely better to take things slow than to hurt yourself again by overexercising, too.

JavaChick said...

Laura - Thanks! One step at a time is the way to go.

Bag Lady - I confess, I still have one that I haven't touched; there's a big one on the hill that I really don't like working in.

Crabby - Thanks!

Sagan - I like getting my exercise in the garden; it feels like I'm accomplishing something.