Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Food Blogger for a Day and Garden Report Vol. 5

I know I owe you pictures from the weekend, but I didn't feel up to sorting through all of those photos tonight. They're coming. I promise.

This morning, on a whim I decided to photograph my meals. So I'm playing food blogger for the day.

Breakfast & Lunch, all ready to take to work:

Photobucket

Liberte Mediterranee Mocha Yogurt and Strawberries for breakfast. I also had a coffee. Can't start the day without coffee!

For lunch, a salad of romaine, cucumber, red bell pepper, tomatoes and feta. I have bottle of Renee's Tangerine & Lime Vinaigrette in the fridge at work.

During the afternoon I had another cup of coffee and a Kashi granola bar (no photo).

Due to being away for the weekend, there was no grocery shopping and no meal planning. Last night we defrosted pasta sauce from the freezer. Tonight we stopped at the grocery store on the way home. As soon as we went in the store I saw these lovely, soft, multigrain Kaiser rolls. But since I didn't know what to do with them, I kept going. Then Husband's attention was caught by President's Choice Montreal Smoked Meat. And supper was decided.

We had Reubens! Montreal Smoked Meat & Sauerkraut on Multigrain Kaisers. Husband had his plain, but I never miss an opportunity to melt cheese on something, so I added Fontina and toasted mine in the toaster oven.

Photobucket

Along with some cucumber and red bell pepper with Renee's Cucumber Dill Dip. Club Soda with Lime to drink...

Photobucket

In my Winnie the Pooh mug.

Photobucket


It did turn out to be a sunny afternoon/evening.

Photobucket

After taking Fred for a walk up the hill, I went to check out the garden. Most of my tomato plants have green tomatoes now and my beans are finally shooting up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The container plants are still the bushiest, healthiest looking tomato plants. And I have a little teeny bell pepper on one plant.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mostly things are looking a little sad in the garden. Guess that's what happens when you don't get enough sun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Still, there are bits of color to be found.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took advantage of the nice weather and went out for a walk. When I came back, there was a deer up on the hill.

Photobucket

And a Fabulous Feline in the garden!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Sagan said...

That looks very tasty! You'd make for an excellent food blogger :)

Your garden is looking really beautiful.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Love the food pictures! And the garden and gorgeous cats as well.

You make healthy food look so tasty, quite a trick!

the Bag Lady said...

Your garden and yard look so lovely! I'm quite jealous of the tomatoes. (I started mine too late... sigh)

And the food looks fabulous! Healthy and delicious. Great combinations.

JavaChick said...

Sagan - I have to say, I admire people who have to dedication to photograph everything and blog every day; don't think I could do it.

Crabby - It was tasty! No trick!

Bag Lady - I wouldn't be too jealous; I suspect I won't get much of a tomato crop this year. :(