Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

September Week 1: Dare I say I am feeling better?

In my previous post-full-of-whining, I forgot to mention that in addition to the fatigue, I was having issues with my right foot. The good news is that I likely forgot because I was no longer being bothered.

At some point in the past, I did something to my right foot (actually, I do have a general idea of when & what, but that doesn't really matter) and it flares up every now and again, usually not for that long. This time it did last long - I guess is was maybe off and on for a couple of months, and then it was just on and on and on, or so it seemed. I tried to be careful in choosing workouts, and to stick to wearing comfortable supportive shoes - thank goodness for my cute little Naots.



Things are seemingly back to normal now, though I will continue to take it easy for the next while.

I only had 3 work days this week, and I made it too the weekend without being completely worn out, which was nice. Managed to make a batch of salsa  today - first batch of the summer and here it is September already. Things seem to be really late this year though.

I picked my first tomato this week (though I have had a few handfuls of cherry tomatoes). I'm starting to wonder if the rest will ever get ripe. Not a good year for my garden.




Other than that, and the usual grocery shopping, laundry, etc, I still took it pretty easy this weekend. I do think that giving myself permission to  rest was a good thing; I needed it. However, I now need to get up off my butt and start doing some workouts. So I guess that  is my goal for this week. Along with trying to avoid wearing myself out again. I'd like to feel normal for a while.

Some favorite shots from this week...








No comments: