Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Good-bye to August...

Sad to see you go since you gave us the little bit of actual summer weather that we had this year. It's already starting to feel like fall. The days can be sunny and warm, but it cools down quickly once evening rolls around.

It feels like it's been a bit of a lazy month. As far as exercise goes, I stuck to my Fat Blasting Boot Camp Schedule, but didn't do much else. Lately I just feel like I don't have time to get anything done - not sure why, it's not like things are any different than they ever were. But it seems like getting in the boot camp workouts is as much as I can manage. At least they are butt-kicking workouts!

I started the final 4 week phase tonight. This is the first time that I actually couldn't do everything in the routine. There were 4 sets of walking push ups in the strength series and 3 sets of push ups with mountain climbers in the cardio series. Each set is 10 push ups, so that would have been 70 push ups total. I managed the walking push ups. When the first set of the push ups with mountain climbers came around I did try. Managed 5 or 6, but that was it, so I just did the mountain climbers. Second time around I tried to do a push up and knew right away it was not going to happen, so the second and third sets were just mountain climbers. I sort of feel like I failed. But, I've got 4 weeks to try and work up to doing them all. No promises, but I'll do my best.

August
Aug 31: FBBC Week 11 Workout A[40 mins]
Aug 29: FBBC Week 10 Workout C[35 mins]
Aug 26: FBBC Week 10 Workout B[30 mins]
Aug 25: Walk[20 mins]
Aug 24: FBBC Week 10 Workout A[35 mins]
Aug 22: FBBC Week 9 Workout C[35 mins]
Aug 19: FBBC Week 9 Workout B[30 mins]
Aug 17: FBBC Week 9 Workout A[30 mins]
Aug 15: FBBC Week 8 Workout C[45 mins]
Aug 14: Gentle Hatha Flow #2[45 mins]
Aug 13: Walk[25 mins]
Aug 12: FBBC Week 8 Workout B[30 mins]
Aug 10: FBBC Week 8 Workout A[35 mins]
Aug 08: FBBC Week 7 Workout C[45 mins]
Aug 06: FBBC Week 7 Workout B[30 mins]
Aug 05: Treadmill walk[45 mins]
Aug 04: FBBC Week 7 Workout A[35 mins]
Aug 02: Kickboxing: Core Cross Train[45 mins]

I got an iPhone recently and I set it up so that I can post from my phone to the blog. I played around with a couple of posts (below) and it is pretty quick and painless to send a photo and bit of text.

I've thought about food blogging. I like reading food blogs. I like food. I can see the advantages - it would keep one accountable, it would be easy to go back and review. I'm sure it would also make one think twice about eating something, which could be a good thing.

Flip side, I think I would feel pressure to always have interesting meals. It's one more thing to add to a to-do list that I already have a hard time keeping up with.

So I just don't know. It's something I keep thinking about, but I haven't come to a decision yet. I may play around with it for the next little while and see how it goes.

Stay tuned for more schizophrenic blogging...

1 comment:

Crissy Rae said...

Way to rock the pushups! Even if you couldn't get through them all, you're still doing an excellent job-pushups are a total beast and I hate them cuz I secretly wish I could do more of them.

Another blog would be very interesting, especially involving food, but I hear you about the time constraints. It's one more thing to manage. You'll figure it out. Happy September!