Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer with a vengeance...

No, not Summer Glau...


(That was the first thing that popped into my head, but that may just be because I'm a Sci-Fi geek)

It seems the weather gods were listening. At the beginning of the long weekend, the forecast was not looking good, but we ended up getting lots of sun. We did get some rain, but only at night. The days were hot. Like, so-hot-that-you-don't-want-to-move hot. Not that I'm complaining. I wouldn't dare.

I had planned on starting the next phase of the Fat Blasting Boot Camp yesterday. Then I got busy doing some things around the house. Then I got hungry and had lunch. Then I was doing some more things around the house to wait for lunch to settle. Then I felt dizzy and ended up with a wicked headache. Due to drastic change in the weather maybe? I don't know. But I ended up taking Advil and going to bed.

Back to good today though, and got in my Boot Camp session when I got home from work today. Probably just as well because I don't think it was quite as hot. The dreaded Inchworm is back - my least favorite exercise from the Get Started phase of the Boot Camp. Guess I will have to learn to love them?

Also fired up the Wii Fit for the first time in...ages...It told me at the beginning how long it has been, but I don't remember now. I really want to get Husband doing something, and when we bought the Wii Fit he said he was going to use it. Hoping if I start playing with it again, he might be more motivated. We shall see...

4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Glad the weather Gods are finally playing (mostly) nice!

And I have GOT to check out this Wii fit thing one of these days. Sounds pretty fun, even if it does seem to nag and scold a bit!

the Bag Lady said...

Glad you finally got some hot weather! Our weather finally broke, and we got some much-needed rain. Unfortunately, it was while we were camping.... sigh.

She-Fit said...

Hey, you can have some of my AZ sun any day! It's been over 100 degree for the past three months!

Sagan said...

Mmmm nice weather. Enjoy it!