Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday

This week flew by. I’m glad that it’s almost the weekend, even if it is going to be a busy one.

Yesterday was not necessarily a bad day, just a day where it seemed like nothing went according to plan. I thrive on routine and I can handle a few deviations, but when things go too far off plan I can get a little cranky. Today was better though. :)

This morning I was not hungry at all, so I just had a glass of Bolthouse Vanilla Chai.

IMG_7504

And coffee once I got to work of course!

Around 11 I got hungry and had a LaraBar.

IMG_0268

Yesterday when I went to heat up my lunch I discovered the microwave was not working and I ended up buying lunch. I was hoping it was just a blown fuse (it’s happened before) but it still was not working today. Since it’s Thursday I decided to hit Sister’s in the City Market for Mac & Cheese.

IMG_0269

I ate it all, which was actually too much I think – I was pretty full.

After work I took Frankie for a walk. Bye Zappa!

IMG_7506 IMG_7510

Frank went exploring.

IMG_7514

IMG_7520

IMG_7533 IMG_7537

IMG_7541 IMG_7546

After our walk I did my Superset workout and a quick treadmill session.

For supper last night we made a new recipe that Husband wanted to try out – Ground Beef & Cilantro Soup; it was a very mild flavoured broth with ground beef. Husband is a big soup lover, particularly anything Asian (this was from a Chinese cookbook) so he loved it. For me, it was ok but it didn’t knock my socks off.

We had also made a stir-fry to go with it because the soup was lacking in vegetables. There was soup leftover, and I figured if I was going to cook something to go with it, I’d rather just make something that would be a meal for me and Husband could have both (no arguments from him).

I whipped up an old favourite, Soba Noodles with Peanut Sauce. This is one of those things that comes out a little differently each time, depending on what I have on hand.

IMG_7552

Today I added some fresh ginger. My tummy has been feeling a little touchy, and I saw the ginger sitting there so I decided to throw it in.

I also added fresh Chilis from the Chili plant I have growing in my kitchen.

IMG_7554

The Soba noodles are wrapped in bundles in the package. Usually when I’m making this for just myself, I will use two bundles and end up with enough to feed me for two meals.

IMG_7555

When making it for both of us I will use 3 bundles, which is what I did tonight. However, with the soup it was really more than we needed so I ended up with leftovers (too bad the microwave at work is broken – would make a nice lunch for tomorrow).

I stir fried broccoli, cauliflower and red bell pepper, then added the cooked noodles.

IMG_7556

And tossed it all together with the sauce. Once everything is chopped, it comes together pretty quickly. Which is nice, because this is one of those comfort food meals for me.

IMG_7558 IMG_7560

After supper I had a cup of peppermint tea and some Girl Guide cookies (that I actually did manage to forget about for a week and a half). I forgot to take a picture, but it looks pretty much the same as the tea and cookies I had last night:

IMG_7503

And now I think I’m ready for bed. One more day til the weekend!

3 comments:

MizFit said...

IM SOOO GLAD IT IS FINALLY THE WEEKEND

almost

one more day

(yeah :) thats all I got this tired morning...)

have a good one---are you dressing up at all for Halloween??

the Bag Lady said...

Hope your weekend is going well!

Your food photos always look SO good!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Yeah, ginger is GREAT for a stomachache!

I love your cats' leash. I think it's so funny to see cat's on leashes. I wish I wasn't allergic to them :( I always want to feel their soft, smooth fur!