Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday

Cupcake Monster

When I went to bed last night, there were two cupcakes left. When I woke up this morning, there was this:

IMG_7486

Apparently there is a cupcake monster on the loose. I suspect he is Husband-shaped.

What’s for Breakfast?

This morning went a bit more smoothly, so I got to have the breakfast I had intended to have yesterday. I started off with the rest of my Bolthouse Mocha Cappuccino from Sunday and made some Oat Bran to take to work with me.

IMG_7487

IMG_7489

I’ve never tried Oat Bran before, but I was perusing the cereals in the Natural Food section of the grocery store, looking for something new, and this is what I came home with. I topped it with Almond Butter and packed it up to take to work.

When I got to work I added a touch of Almond Breeze and a smidge of Maple Syrup.

IMG_0256

I ate about half of this and was stuffed beyond belief. It would seem that Oat Bran is more filling than oatmeal? Guess we’ll find out when I try it again tomorrow.

I Break for Curry

I was just starting to feel the teeniest bit hungry around 1 PM, but decided to eat lunch anyway because I wanted a break.

From the freezer, Thai Green Curry Soup.

IMG_0257

Still in love with this soup. Not all that surprising I guess, since I love Thai Green Curry.

Around 2 PM I headed out for some fresh air, as usual. It was actually a couple of degrees cooler today than it was yesterday (according to the weather page) but there was no wind so it felt warmer. A much more pleasant walk.

IMG_0262

Around 3 PM, I ate a Honeycrisp apple (see picture of lunch).

I was working away and the next thing I knew it was 5:00, so I expected to hear from Husband any time that he was ready to leave…Not so. It was 6:20 by the time he picked me up.

We were both hungry when we got home – I probably would have still exercised first anyway, but Husband wanted to eat. I’m still on my “eat what we have in the house” kick, and tonight we were looking for quick and easy so out came the box of frozen Taquitos (seriously – no sooner had I breathed a sigh of relief that the last box was gone when Husband came home from the store with a brand new box). Husband also had a microwave-and-serve package of Brussels sprouts from the freezer (I can’t stand ‘em) and I steamed some broccoli.

And here we have it:

IMG_7491 IMG_7492

Steamed broccoli with PC Blue Menu Szechwan Sauce and Taquitos with salsa. Szechwan Sauce and Taquitos may sound like odd things to combine in the same meal, but Szechwan Sauce is really good on broccoli. Even weirder, Husband decided to have Thai Chili Sauce with his Taquitos rather than salsa. We are not afraid of mixing and matching around here.

I sat down to watch Castle while eating my meal. It was awesome! Loved seeing Nathan Fillion in his Firefly wardrobe. And the Buffy reference. The whole episode was lots of fun.

After watching Castle, I got some things done around the house and now here I am blogging. Today was meant to a cardio day (intervals) but I decided I really don’t feel like doing it this late at night – I used to be able to work out and then pretty much go right to bed and fall asleep but lately I’m finding that doesn’t work so well. Thinking I might do a Yoga Download instead – I haven’t had time to do any yoga lately and I’ve been missing it.

It’s funny – I’ve read a few blogs lately where the poster was talking about skipping a workout for one reason or another. We tend to make excuses and be apologetic as if we are doing something wrong. But really, missing one workout when you are not feeling well, or you need some sleep, or whatever other reason you have, is not a big deal.

I think I’ve reached the point where I don’t feel the need to be apologetic about it. I know that if I miss one workout (or three or a week) I will pick right up and get back to it as soon as I can. It’s become such a habit now and I miss it when I’m not getting my workouts. So I’m not worried about it.

Off to do my yoga and then head to bed. Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Shirls said...

odd, I seem to have that same shaped cupcake (anything baked) monster at my house!