Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saigon Noodle

Husband has been raving about Saigon Noodle for a while now. He goes there fairly often for lunch during the week. I rarely go out for lunch, and for some reason we never think of Saigon Noodle when we decide to go out for dinner, so I had never been there.

Today, around 11:30 Husband suggested we go for lunch because he was craving a bowl of Pho Soup.

It was probably close to 1:30 by the time we got there and the place was not busy at all.

The menu was bigger than I expected and had a section of vegetarian dishes. In comparison to the rest of the menu, the vegetarian section seemed small, but when I thought about the vegetarian options available at most of the restaurants in Saint John, I realized it was actually pretty decent.

I decided to order the Curry Tofu Stir-Fry with Pineapple. Husband ordered his Pho.

When my lunch arrived it was huge! I served some up to myself and Husband helped himself to a few bites, but then it hit me that I really should snap a picture or two. Not sure these iPhone photos do it justice, but here it is:

IMG_0463

IMG_0464

Not sure how well you can see it – the sun was really bright so it was hard to see what I was photographing – but the stir fry is sitting in a hollowed out pineapple. Before I started dishing it up (and Husband had a few tastes) the plate was heaped full.

IMG_0465

It came with a little plate of rice. Which may not look so little here, but in comparison to the main dish it definitely seemed small.

Husband’s soup was also quite something to see.

IMG_0466

That bowl is packed full of noodles and chicken and beef. Husband gave me a taste of the broth and it was quite nice, I could definitely eat a small bowl of it – couldn’t handle one that big though. This was a size large and your options are medium, large and extra large.

Surprisingly, I ate almost all of my stir fry (Husband helped out with the carrots and also snitched some of the pineapple). I only ate about half the rice though. And it was definitely more than I needed to eat. But it tasted good.  :)

Husband and I stopped for groceries on the way home and I have to say this is one of the best grocery shopping trips we’ve ever had for sticking to the list. I think we were both sleepy from full bellies and just wanted to get home.

We pulled into the garage at home and Husband looked at the clock. “It’s 3:00 and we’re both stuffed.” We’re thinking supper will be pretty light tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Even with the iphone, that dish looks delish! I have never heard of that dish before... Glad you enjoyed it for all of us! :0)

NSGIRL said...

Wow! That looks really! I would have eaten too much too!