Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Life back to normal...

~ Yesterday's News ~
Fred & I enjoyed our Mahi-Mahi again last night...Seriously, had to fight him off; maybe I should be cooking him his own piece...Ok, ok, I do spoil my cats but I wouldn't go that far. Maybe.

Went to sleep last night with one cat, woke up this morning with two cats and a husband. Life is good.

Moon brought me two boxes of chocolate from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I appreciate this. It was thoughtful. He knows chocolate is the way to my heart. I also know more chocolate around the house is maybe not what I need right now. Will try to refrain from opening the boxes just yet.

There used to be an asian grocery just down the road from our house. It was convenient and had a nice variety of products in stock. It closed a few months back which was disappointing. Drove by this morning and it is now a Thai Hut location. This is good news/bad news...Good news: They make yummy thai food and this will be extremely convenient for stopping in on the way home from work. Bad news: They make yummy thai food and this will be extremely convenient for stopping in on the way home from work. This would very likely have been our supper tonight except that I already had soup defrosting, so now it looks like it will be our supper tomorrow night.

~ On the Diet & Fitness Front... ~
At the beginning of November I signed up for a fitness challenge on the weightwatchers.ca forums. The challenge was to set a goal for the number of minutes you would spend working out during the month. I decided to join just out of curiousity...I wanted to find out how many minutes of exercise I usually get in during a month. So I set my goal at 1000 minutes.

As of Monday, I was pretty darn close and if I had stuck to my regular workout schedule, I would have blown right past it. But then I hit my lazy streak this week, where I started skipping my morning workouts so I could sleep in my snore-free bed instead.

Last night I was close to skipping the workout again...until I thought about this challenge and how close I was. I didn't have any good reason not to do a workout last night. I got home at a decent time, was not feeling overly tired out or anything. So I went ahead and pulled out my Pilates-Yoga blend DVD and felt good when I finished. And then I convinced myself to get up this morning and exericse. I am now just 20 minutes away from hitting my goal. Go me!

I guess this is why people participate in these challenge things. It really does give you a push.

-----------------------------
Daily Record
-----------------------------
Weight: 137 lbs

BF: Multi-grain toast w/pb, coffee w/cream
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Totally Tubular Pasta (Looney Spoons/Crazy Plates recipe)
Snack: Yogurt, raspberries, strawberries
Supper: Mexican Crockpot Soup, Multi-grain bread.

AM workout: Walk & Jog DVD + push-ups & sit-ups

1 comment:

~Laura said...

Good job on your challenge! I don't know that I have ever eaten Asian foo....